• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sometimes eBay just leaves me scratching my head...

4 posts in this topic

So, I wake up this morning, and after some coffee I decide to log on my computer and check my e-mail, and in my inbox was a message from eBay saying two of my 8 listings were removed because I offered to accept cash! Now all 8 said the same thing, but they only removed 2, so I added a disclaimer to all the other 6 saying I couldn't accept cash, but only checks, money orders and Paypal. The real annoyance was that they were ending tomorrow, so now I relist the other 2 as 1-day auctions, so someone will likely get a bargain on a couple rolls of silver dimes, but it just struck me as odd with the flood of counterfeits coming from China, they smack me for just saying I would accept cash! I've had that in all of my listings for the last 2 years, and no one's ever paid in cash, so it's not that big of a deal, but it just struck me the complete inconsistency of eBay enforcing their own nitpicky policies while continuing to allow so many fakes (a much bigger problem!). Anyhow, sign-rantpost.gif over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I had the EXACT same thing happen to me a couple weeks ago. I had 54 auctions running all with the same terms. They ended 7 of them. The next day I get a call from eBay apologizing for having to end them (I guess $1K-$2K a month in fees gets you a phone apology).

I pointed out to the guy that eBay allows COD and asked him how he knew I wasn't only accepting cash as COD. He had no answer.

Dumbest thing was they did this at 9PM and when I asked why they didn't just wait till morning and call me to point out the problem, they said due to the serious nature they had to take immediate action. He had no answer to my questions of "I ran 2000+ auctions this year without a single complaint to eBay and all of a sudden this is so serious that you couldn't wait 12 hours to call me first". Silence on the other end of the phone...

I pointed out to the guy that eBay allows COD and asked him how he knew I wasn't only accepting cash as COD. He had no answer.

Dumbest thing was they did this at 9PM and when I asked why they didn't just wait till morning and call me to point out the problem, they said due to the serious nature they had to take immediate action. He had no answer to my questions of "I ran 2000+ auctions this year without a single complaint to eBay and all of a sudden this is so serious that you couldn't wait 12 hours to call me first". Silence on the other end of the phone...

Gotta love those scripts they read that don't have all the answers printed on them. wink.gif