• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone experiencing problems w/ Heritage website?

9 posts in this topic

Give it a few minutes and try again. Every once in a while, you'll catch Heritage's systems in an update and most of their inventory goes temporarily offline.

In addition to what Keith mentioned, there are times near the ending of auctions that Heritage is apparently swamped and they cannot handle more internet traffic. At these times you may or may not be able to access various parts of their site. It is truly frustrating.

It's maddening to figure out if you have won a lot with them. On the My bids page I show as winning two lots, but the winning bid doesn't match when you click on the lot or on eBay. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Guess I'll have to wait until I get an invoice. I hope I won. It looks cool from the picture and I hope it matches the description of "Exceedingly attractive autumnal reds and oranges with highlights of sea foam cover the Charter Oak and the obverse surfaces while the reverse is patinated in a more uniform rich golden hue."

328023020o.jpg

Also appear to have won a set of Cincinnati commems. I only wanted the 1936-D which is "gorgeous golden-brown and electric-blue rim toning on each side surrounds untoned, trivially abraded centers."

Let's hope I won them both. laugh.gif

"Exceedingly attractive autumnal reds and oranges with highlights of sea foam cover the Charter Oak and the obverse surfaces while the reverse is patinated in a more uniform rich golden hue."

Mommy!

I emailed heritage who wrote back:

"Thank you for letting us know about this. We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it as quickly as possible. We still have records of all your bids; indeed, we show you as the winning bidder on a 1885-CC dollar in last night's auction. The problem you're running across is internal, and we'll update your record as soon as possible."

Still not updated--both pages blank.

This was my first heritage auction, does anyone know when they email the invoice?

Greg,

If you won the Connecticut, it's a beauty. I remember taking a quick peek at that one.

Got an invoice today. Looks like I won it a fair amount under my max bid and I also won this one - in a set of Cincinnatis, which better have "gorgeous golden-brown and electric-blue rim toning on each side surrounds untoned, trivially abraded centers."

223234-Cincinnati.jpg

I've yet to see a really stunning toned Cincinnati. 5,000 minted at each mint and most all are white or ugly brown.