• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Addition (don't know how to attach the file)

6 posts in this topic

Heritage lot #5195 from the Baltimore Signature Sale. 1850 Large Cent PCGS MS 65 RB. It's a problem, free generic coin for my type set. After getting outbid on every one of these that interested me for the last two years, I anted up another $75-$100 to get this one (even paid sales tax, which I rarely do).

The other coin I bid on -- an very nice for the grade 1810 Classic Large Cent in PC 3 BN, went for 5 $. 893frustrated.gif

LInked

Very nice looking coin. I got outbid big time on the two type coins I was focusing on. Still got a shot in the Bullet sale, but will probably come up dry again.

You should buy some of the cheaper lots to push your total over $1000. Right now with tax you're paying $964.78 for this coin. All you have to do is buy $109 (including commission) more of stuff and it's like getting this $109 stuff for $35.

I got outbid big time on the two type coins I was focusing on.

I had about 8 lots I was going after. The last day of internet bidding I watched 2 of them jump up way too high.

I was left with 6 lots. One I was willing to pay 2X bid before the commission and I thought that was a high price for the coin. It's now sitting at 4X bid and hasn't gone to the floor yet. This coin I believe is a retread from a recent Heritage auction. The coin is nice, but it sure as hell isn't 4X bid nice.

The remaining 5 lots I was immediately outbid one 3 of them. I'm now sitting as high bidder on 2 lots and one of those bids is one increment away from losing one.

I was bidding strong money on them. I was prepared to buy quite a bit at this auction, but I'm not going to chase coins with stupid money.

That's a nice looking Large cent. I like the RB and BN ones. They look more "Real" for lack of a better term.