• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB - 1943 P NGC MS-64 Coins

19 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm trying to assemble a birth year set for my father for his birthday in NGC MS-64 (best bang for the buck imho). I'm looking for the following coins :

Nickel - NGC MS-64

Dime - NGC MS-64

I'm going to put them in a multiholder so i'd like all of the grades to match. His birthday is in April, so i'm running out of time. I have a PCGS MS-64 graded dime in the rattler holder. I'd like to replace it with a NGC example and save on the re-grading fees (or an 'accidental' upgrade that would ruin the continuity). I might be interested in a PCGS graded nickel but would prefer NGC.

Name your prices

Thanks

Thanks for looking.

Not to get off topic with a long explanation of my sig line but:

It's a modified version of "To Err..." pertaining to the job I do. Air (a Nitrogen and Oxygen mix, with traces of other stuff) being what humans breath and HeliOx (helium/oxygen mix or HeO2) being the predominant breathing media used for the diving work we do from our boat. Hence "To Air is Human, to HeO2 is diving.

Appreciate it, but I'm trying to put together a 64 set so that everything matches. No problem finding 65-67 but the 64's seem a little elusive. I went with the 64's cuz I didn't want to sped $150 bucks just on the half. That would have blown the budget for this project. I appreciate the help, however.

Geez, these two teenagers are a symptom of bigger problems facing the US: The youths of today just don't pay attention to detail!

makepoint.gif for Zach and makepoint.gif one for Chad.

poke2.gif

juggle.gif

Good luck to you in finding the 64's needed for your set! thumbsup2.gif

Victor, that was about three weeks ago. You old farts need to keep up with the time! wink.gifpoke2.gif

So, during that three weeks time, have you been cured of bonehead-itis

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

Man, talk about a thread jack! It does, however, keep it at the top for everybody to look at!

Thanks to all for looking.

If he's cracking the coins out... I don't know why the grade matters. They're cheap coins, and one with slightly less nicks is not necessarily a bad thing. I still say go for the 65 and 66... sorry.gif

Not cracking them out, having NGC re-holder them into a 1943 MS-64 set, hence the importance of the 64 grade. I want the grades to all match.

If he's cracking the coins out... I don't know why the grade matters. They're cheap coins, and one with slightly less nicks is not necessarily a bad thing. I still say go for the 65 and 66... sorry.gif

Do you see why he's going for the 64's here chad. The 43's for his birth year and the 64 grade for him turning 64 this year.

Man, I didn't catch the MS-64/64 years old tie in. That's actually pretty cool. The set is for my father. Currently I have :

1 Cent - NGC 64 - P mint

5 Cent - PCGS 64 - P mint

10 Cent - PCGS 64 in Rattler P-mint and NGC 64FB D mint

25 Cent - NGC 64 - P mint

50 Cent - NGC 64 - P mint

I'll probably just cross the two PCGS coins and hope they don't up/down grade (though an up-grade would be nice from a monetary standpoint, it would ruin the continuity of the set)....Decisions Decisions.

Man, I didn't catch the MS-64/64 years old tie in. That's actually pretty cool.

I actually thought that was what it was all about. confused-smiley-013.gif