• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission question....a little help, please

6 posts in this topic

I'm preparing to send in my first submission to NGC and I couldn't find any info on how they decide the values of the coins submitted for the sake of which tier you can use. For example if I send in a coin valued at $200 in my opinion using the economy service and the grade they assign puts it over $300 will they automatically change it to express?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Probably not... really depends... if you're "at the edge" of the $300 mark where it could go either way, then yes, you should have no problem, however if the coin is a >$300 coin regardless of grade, then you'd have to go with the Early Bird/Express option.

I'll know more about this for certain in a month or so though.

So basically I can submit any coin I want in economy so long as I don't insure it for more than $300??

No. NGC will adjust the submission price if you send them an expensive coin under economy. They aren't going to let you submit a $2000 coin under economy because you marked its value at $300 for insurance purposes.

You can submit any coin under economy that has a reasonable value of $300 or less. Don't worry about the value being more if it grades higher than you expected.

Thanks Greg, somehow I knew you'd steer me in the proper direction. I'm not looking to get over, just what to realistically expect. So any coin valued at or very close to the $300 mark can be submitted via economy, but a coin with an obvious value greater than $300 would have to be submitted through the early bird service. Thanks to everyone else as well.