• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do we entertain the BANNING ritual here like ATS

22 posts in this topic

Or do we refrain ...

After 1800 sales I had to add a loser to my block list because of bid manipulation. It actually cost me a few hundred dollars to do it as he was current bidder on 6-7 auctions of mine and I deleted his bids and blocked him and informed EBAY.

Please explain to someone who doesn't know the "ins and outs" of eBay particularly where selling is concerned. How were you able to determine that he was manipulating the bidding?

Chris

Bid retraction - This person has over 100 bid retractions 12 on mine alone in the last day. HE will bid high to over bid someone then look at bid history - He now knows the previous bidders high bid - he then retracts his bid and then just puts a squeeker bid just beating the existing bidder OR he decides not to bid at all. AS a seller I am sure that some sellers allow it to go on as it will "to a point" escalate the price on the product. I will not and do not allow my good bidders to be abused in this manner and it is against EBAY regulations.

I have blocked people who put in high bids, retract them for being "mis-typed" and do not submit another "more realistic" bid. This past week, someone put in a $1000 bid for a coin I had listed, retracted the bid and did not rebid. Then that person did it again to another auction. I blocked that person on the second one. He did not have a bid on another item, but I know he tried it again when he wrote to me complaining about not being able to bid on my items. I ignored the note.

I may not be a power seller, but I've reached the point I will not take the garbage. If I can make the effort to do things above board, so can others. So if they bid without paying, I file non-paying bidder reports. If I pay and they don't ship, I file reports against the seller. I will leave negative feedbacks and not worry about them in return (although nobody has, surprisingly).

So... whatever you do against a bidder who does things like this is fine with me! sumo.gif

Scott hi.gif

What they do across the street is post his name and those that want to

BLOCK HIM from bidding ...

Should I post his name or NOT - Input Input Need more input smile.gif

popcorn.gif

m

OK,

I think you know more about this than I do.

How to a make a feedback requirement for bidding on my auctions?

For example, how do I make it to where a person must have a feedback rating of 10 or better to bid on my stuff?

I keep getting these brand-new zero feedback people who bid high on my stuff, or use Buy-it-now only to disappear and never pay. Ebay ignores my complaints and I'm out the seller's fees. (Seller's fees are all Ebay cares about)

So, that brings me back to my question: How do I make it to where only 10+ people can bid?

I say you out the guy. I know who it is, I think, because he placed a high bid and then retracted it to find out what my high bid was on one of your auctions. I have no patience for that kind of (rap - I've blocked people for doing it. Retracting a bid due to an honest mistake is not such a big deal, as long as it's not a pattern - I just retracted my first bid ever due to a mistake...but then I placed another bid.

Does any one else think that

It looks like the smiley

guy is turning around and

MOONING ME or is it my warped sense of humour

hail.gif

foreheadslap.gif

smile.gif

I say you out the guy. I know who it is, I think, because he placed a high bid and then retracted it to find out what my high bid was on one of your auctions. I have no patience for that kind of (rap - I've blocked people for doing it. Retracting a bid due to an honest mistake is not such a big deal, as long as it's not a pattern - I just retracted my first bid ever due to a mistake...but then I placed another bid.

Yup it was on my auction too ... thanks buddy smile.gif Just kidding

Yes you know who it is ... so does every other vendor that he has ever bid with

I scrolled back his feedback and talk to quite a few of the sellers ..

Let's see... silverdollarcc has a picture on his eBay My World page. A feedback score of 128 with 94 bid retractions in the last six months. In the lone feedback, he seems to have diss'ed user ms-70 (whom I have never had the opportunity to do business with) over a 1923-S Monroe Doctrine Centennial Commemorative Half Dollar.

If silverdollarcc left a negative for ms-70 without discussing things first, and if he is over bidding to find the highest bid and then retracting his bid, then I think we have someone misusing the system in an unethical manner.

I think all of us who have eBay accounts should block him! makepoint.gif

Scott hi.gif

Go to YOUR EBAY

Your Account

Preferrences

Buyer Preference

edit

No Charge for the Tutorial smile.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifm... couldn't find this choice. Just able to block feedback of -1 or lower.

I need to block feedback of 9 or lower.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm....

That's weird because I know I seen auctions in the past that had a ten feedback requirement to bid. I suppose if something like that got over-used it could lock-out new users from Ebay. I do like that you can require that a person have a PayPal account, though. At least then you know you're not dealing with people who are creating new user IDs just fro the sake of f-ing with your auction.