• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have been admiring Liberty Nickels from afar, finally bought one

11 posts in this topic

I have been assembling a set of Liberty Nickels only because I had a pretty big selection of them from a couple of collections I had purchased. Granted, save for a half dozen of them, they are loooooooooowwwwwww grade. A few, are nice - but not nearly as nice as Mike's.

This is a very long term project for me, and if I ever aspire to complete a good grade set, I am thinking the road is long.

Very nice nickel.

I agree...I just decided to start a circ set of Liberties for fun....decided I wanted to get at least VF grade. I'm having a tough time so far...most of the stuff I see at the small dealers and shows are F at best. Guess there's not much profit in it...and I'm gonna have to be patient and keep looking.

Well, I've gotten some messages on the board that it is AT'd. It might be, talked to the dealer about that possibility and he mentioned that he had showed it to an ANAC'S grader and was assured it was natural. Well it's going into NGC to find out. Irregardless, its a stunner.

Mike - Wonderful to look at! AT or not, it is a stunner. (And clever camera work!) Hope it turns out to be the real thing! Let us know. wink.gif

Hoot