• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's everyone looking for in Baltimore?

16 posts in this topic

Me, I'll stroll the floor and peruse through them looking for possibly a nice circulated piece of bust coinage. That is, unless something else catches my eye.

The few coins I really want are in the pre-ANA auctions so I'm just going to enjoy myself, meet up with some friends, and take some pics of other people's coins.

I'm happy to say two rare IH off-center reverse clash varieties from the Larry Steve sale are now mine cloud9.gif

Hope to see you there Goose, wish you were coming a day earlier.

What's everyone looking for in Baltimore?

What am I looking for? Money, time and a plane ticket to actually GET to Baltimore.

jom

Saturday first thing. I am usually there hanging out waiting for them to let us into the bourse.

I am possibly going to bring my son.

I will have precious little time in Baltimore. I'll only have Thursday and then Friday morning. It's a quick in-and-out for me primarily to see the 1913 nickels and meet a few board members! smile.gif. I'll probably do something silly like wear a nametag that says HOOT in large letters - HA! Hope to meet a few of you there...

Hoot

By the way, getting a ticket there was a GIANT pain in the rear! I used frequent flier miles to get the ticket and have to fly out of a town 1-1/2 hours from here! The major problems were flying Flying OUT of Baltimore and INTO Montana!

Wish I could afford to go, but if I had say, an extra 30 k to spend right know, I would rather have Tonelovers 1904 proofset then anything I saw in the auction catolog.

Actually most of the coins in the pics on the Heritage site did not really impress me, but then again I was only looking at my main areas of interest so maybe I missed something good.

Les

I will be down fri-sat looking at morgans that I probably can't afford right now. As this will be my first time at a major show it will more than likely be shock and awe.My main reason for going is to finally meet the dealer with whom I've done business with for the last couple of years face to face.

Nothing, no plans to even look. Way to busy at work, hoping to build a war chest for the January FUN show. Paul, I am curious about which coins from Larry's collection you picked up (not that I am into die clashes). grin.gif

I realloy have no idea... mainly to see and get some good pics of the 1913 V Nickels, and I have a bit of cash to play with (never enough it seems though), but right now I have NO idea and about 10 different possibilities to work with.

I think I'm going to play it the way I usually play a coin purchase trip... meander around and wait till something draws me to it... that I can afford.

Luckily, I'll have all week to do it. We're driving up Monday and will be in Baltimore Tues - Saturday.

I plan on having a LOT of fun there... of course after the trip is when things get really crazy on my end as I prepare for a move out of state in early September for a new job.

Mike - The first two coins in the link below are ANR's images of the coins I picked up (1889 S31 ANACS 64RB, 1890 S16 ANACS 63RB), the bottom image is the more dramatic 1880 S1 NGC 64BN that I already owned. Combined they make a nice set of rarely seen off-set reverse clashes. As you can tell by their high S #'s, they're recently discovered and their rarity is still unknown. I'm guessing there aren't many out there in this condition.

If I can get NGC to recognize the two new varieties they might look nice in one of their new multi-coin holders, reverse facing front.

Three denticle clashes