• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State Quarter Error Experts - Nevada 'Funny Lips' Variety ???

12 posts in this topic

Never saw or heard of this before. It is cool looking though. Find a few more than you can start to think variety, but with just this one it looks like post mint damage.

Never saw or heard of this before. It is cool looking though. Find a few more than you can start to think variety, but with just this one it looks like post mint damage.

I agree ... I have been looking and have not seen anything close or similar ...

I am still thinking the mash packer as it came out of a roll BUT it does not look like anything that I have seen before ...

I vote post strike damage - the metal appears to be sheared.

Whats strange is the two trangular Portions ... definitely weird ..

It looks to me a deep contact mark from the reeding of another quarter that dropped at an angle onto this coin. I have seen these before especially on the quarter and higher denominations.

You would figure it would be more uniform a design ALSO the ridges are not the right distance from each other ... Doesnt look like reeding to me

It looks to me a deep contact mark from the reeding of another quarter that dropped at an angle onto this coin. I have seen these before especially on the quarter and higher denominations.

You would figure it would be more uniform a design ALSO the ridges are not the right distance from each other ... Doesnt look like reeding to me

Because it was dropped at an angle which distorts the distance -- plus it could be the reeding from a half.