• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRITO CONECA WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR PROOF DIE CRACK.

6 posts in this topic

Every time they make a change, and you have to log in with your password again I forget it. I have been banned so many times I don't know what a pasword is. I think I was banned this time for going on vacation.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifinsane.gif

It's in my Intercept Shield album at the moment. Getting ready to buy all the 2003's on the 28th -- I like to do a whole page at a time to minimize the risk of slide marks -- so maybe I'll take it out for him. I'll drop Potter a note just to let him know about it, though.

The CONECA website has a different address for Potter: recentfinds@koinpro.com

Anyways, I've emailed him before but never got a reply. I went ahead and did so again this morning. Have also posted coin here and across the street on several occassions in the past. There doesn't seem to be any interest. Guess I'll have to wait until one of their buddies makes the discovery to read about it on CONECA's site. Glad I don't collect errors blush.gif

This is the email I sent Potter:

Mr. Potter,

I found a Tennessee clad proof with a die crack extending from the base of the neck, through the D in dollar, to the edge of the coin. It was suggested on the NGC message boards that I contact you and/or CONECA to have the discovery verified. I'm a little hesitant to send the coin anywhere as there's no way for me to value it and hence insure it against loss. If you have any suggestion on how I should proceed, the advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Crito Philippatos

Crito,

It was hard for me to make that choice also but, I figured he is legit. He proved me right. The coin came back with no problem. I did insure it for, I think $200.00.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS