• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades Received (this Thread Dedicated to Greg M.!):

21 posts in this topic

No pictures, and very little write up (and- they're ALL PCGS coins!):

ANACS PO01 1908 Indian 2 1/2 gold: PCGS PO01.

PCI FA02 1873-P Trade dollar: PCGS FA02.

PCI FA02 1873-S Trade dollar: PCGS FA02.

PCI MS66 1967 Kennedy: PCGS MS66.

And, especially for Greg and Bryan (TBT):

PCI PR67 100% Rainbow Toned 1976 Ike: PCGS PR66DCAM

PCI PR67 100% Rainbow Toned 1976 .25c: PCGS PR66DCAM

You two remember those two coins? Right, those two. The ones you said would NEVER cross?! cloud9.gif

Those are EXQUISITELY low grades on those worst of the worst Pat! Congrats! Way to go on the rainbow toned coins too. Now the PICS!!!!!!

Hoot

HOOT- to include pics would defeat the purpose of this Thread (because to do so would make sense and be far more interesting to everyone else and not just the Thread's creator!).

C'mon! I wanna see this one.....

jom

You two remember those two coins? Right, those two. The ones you said would NEVER cross?! cloud9.gif

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut ever so often. 27_laughing.gif Remember the 203 monster 5c's?.....they also all slabbed at PCGS.....of course they were real unlike your two S$1. shocked.gif

TBT

I'd say those are FAIRLY POOR grades 27_laughing.gif!

Defeat deschmeat! 27_laughing.gif(I read Greg's thread!) PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! 893whatthe.gifgrin.gifacclaim.gif

Hoot

Coooooooooooooooooooool

Now, I wanna see the "AT" coins PCGS slabbed! C'mon! laugh.gif

jom

KlectorKid,

That's it! Thanks for finding it. How ANACS or even PCGS found a date on that one, I'll never know. There is a hint, an ever so ghost of a hint of a partial top loop of maybe, just maybe the "8", but that's about it.

No pictures, and very little write up (and- they're ALL PCGS coins!):

PCI MS66 1967 Kennedy: PCGS MS66.

So what you're saying is that PCGS grades as poorly as PCI and they can't tell NT from AT?

As for those AT coins, I guess the grader was blinded by the slab. Hey, if TBT could get PCGS to slab those 203 AT nickels, why not throw a bone to you and slab a couple of AT pocket change for you.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I can't wait until I get my grades back and can post pics of 10 different 2003 cents. laugh.gif 'Cuz with pics posted, it's OK, right? wink.gif

Hey, I'm all for it!

I just want to see those "AT" coins PCGS graded. C'mon!

jom

Pat,

Do you collect late 18th century & early 19th century type in those grades? If you do, I'll let you know when I find something like a Chain Cent in PO-1 being offered.

Pat,

Do you collect late 18th century & early 19th century type in those grades? If you do, I'll let you know when I find something like a Chain Cent in PO-1 being offered.

Yes. I collect them ALL in Problem Free, Super Low Grade. I've yet to see a PO01 Chain that I wanted though.

I'd like one with a partial head and a full chain (that's still PO01) and with a hard, smooth planchet. They usually come a bit grainy/porous.

PS: Pictures are forthcoming as soon as I learn how to over here. The Toned Rainbow Ike is amazing. Ask Greg.

To post pics it's either:

1) Upload the pic to your server and provide link with the "image" button found below typing input box.

2) Use the check box below the typing input box that says "I want to preview post and/or attach file". Then attach file. Must be less that 150K in size.

BTW, how did the service know that $2.5 was a 1908 and not a 1928?

jom

Thanks Jom, I'll try tomorrow evening when I get off work to post pics.

How did PCGS know it was a 1908 and not a 1928? Because ANACS said so.

(Really, I have no idea- but that is a good question. I'm grateful they didn't bodybag because of it. I've had examples of that happen in the past.)