• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unc silver eagles in mint packaging

14 posts in this topic

I have searched all over ebay and the Internet and can't seem to find anyone selling silver eagles in US Mint packaging. I started out in 86 and kept up for about 10 years but lost interest makepoint.gifand recently started up again and need to fill in the missing years. Anyone got a source. I don't want raw or slabbed just official mint packaging as issued. There's a show in NJ Sunday I am hoping to find some there.

What do you mean by mint packaging. There's plenty of proofs in mint boxes on ebay. I don't think you'll find any uncirculateds in mint packages except the newly released W's from 2006. That I know of!!!!

Michael, are you sure that came directly from the Mint, or did it come from one of the authorized bullion dealers? To my knowledge, 2006 is the first year that you could buy the uncirculated bullioin coin directly from the Mint. The certificate you show does not look like the Mint's typical COA, and I would guess it was printed by a bullion dealer for retail sales. Also, the velvet case does not have the metal tabs on the outside that are common to the SAE box.

Ambassador...........go to www.apmex.com They should have all of the UNC Eagles in stock.

Chris

Oh - well that's not original government packaging. Those velvet hinged cases cost about $3 - I've even got some I keep meaning to sell. All that seller did was stick an uncirculated ASE he got from a dealer into an aftermarket case.

I have to apologise. I was way off in thinking I had unc eagles in Mint packaging. I mentioned somewhere I am a collector/accumulator and go through buying spurts. I 80's I was ordering multiple sets of anything the mint sold and stashing it away. I slowed down in the 90's but restarted again with the quarters. Long story short I just dug out all the old stuff and there are no unc eagles in mint boxes, they're all proof. Sorry for the confusion I caused here. Boy am I sorry I stopped buying in the early 90's. They are some of the most expensive eagles now. Thanks to all for their input.

Then I guess I may be correct that the uncirculateds did not start until last year? These would be with the W mint mark. I have other uncir but they have been from dealers.

This is an example of what I am looking for.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-American-Eagle-...1QQcmdZViewItem

This box and display case are not original to the coin. Someone has put the uncirculated coin in a proof box because it was available when the proof was submitted for grading. Do you wonder why there is no COA with it?

Chris