• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1959 * Franklin

8 posts in this topic

I have a question dealing with the value of this coin.

I will probably be selling (Auctioning it on ebay?)it but I have recieved a very wide range as to value($400.00 to $700.00)

My Questions are,

What do you (As people who's opinion I trust) Think of the Coin,Think of the valuation,And should I sell it on Ebay.

The coin was scaned on an HP5470c and there has been no touch up of the scans.

I wasn't sure if this post is in the correct section of the forum.If not I am sorry.

589a8b01540a5_218676-toMichael.jpg.f809238370f88809611b23b11b9f1a67.jpg

The coin looks nice but according to the Heritage Value Index it is worth $30-35 without the star designation. If it was a cameo the value jumps to $625-775. Given that NGC has graded over 1100 at PF67 and about 800 higher you might be able to get $50 for it.

With the large magnification, it is hard to see the coin as a grader would. The Obverse is definitely Cameo, but the reverse is only partially Cameo (the bell does not appear to be Cameo). You will not get much more than $50 for it unless you resubmit the old NGC holder and get a CAM designation on the holder.

The coin doesn't look full cameo, so I have to assume it was given the * designation as a near miss cameo.

While I admit that Franklins aren't a strong area for me, I would assume you would get somewhere between 2X standard PF67 price and maybe 40% of a PF67 Cameo price. What that range would be is beyond me.

I would not sell it using that photo. The cameo is too hard to see. Perhaps consider TeleTrash.

I have to go with Greg on this. My experience in the star NGC proof Frankies are coins that have cam on the Obverse and not the Reverse seem to get the star designation. I don't see a value between 400-700 on this one. I am currently tracking a PCGs 1959 pr67cam for $489. Which I think is a outstanding deal.

Yes I'd sell it on eBay.

To me that coin looks a little washed out. Kinda flat. Perhaps that is just the scanner? Anyway I thought * coins were supposed to be phenomenal and that coin doesn't do it for me.

I hate to pile on with this post, however, the only way I see this coin as getting $400-$700 is if you start the auction at that price and pray that someone bids. Sorry.

It may have received the star designation because the obverse appears to be cameo, although I truly cannot tell if it is a full cameo by the scan alone. The reverse does not appear to be a cameo.

I would think $100 at the most, $40 if you are unlucky.