• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have determined that the NGC forum is quickly becoming the Teletrade of forums

9 posts in this topic

All day today, the one thread consistently at the top of page 1 has been the one complaining about the other side of the street. 893frustrated.gif In fact, as I write this, the #2 and #3 threads on page 1 are relating to PCGS! The CU/ebay thread with 40 responses and the David Hall video thread with 34 responses, yet many good coin related threads languish with 1 or 2 or 3 replies. 893naughty-thumb.gif And worse yet, the CU/ebay thread has even erupted in a mild flame war. All things I left the CU forums for!!! stooges.gif

Are we really this bored? Do we really have nothing to talk about relating to coins? I realize there are lots of coin-related threads that I cannot really add much to, so I read and then move on, but it seems like everyone has to respond to these PCGS bashing threads, and thus they remain at the top of the page every time I log on. 893blahblah.gif Can we possibly move such discussion to the Water cooler? Or better yet, could we create a water cooler under the coin section for such topics? I for one find this trend disturbing at best and insidious at worst. rantpost.gif

jtryka

You are quite right.

The bashing treads get the response because they require very little thought and you do not have to backup your statements.

Glen

Coin, coins, cooooiiiinnnnssss... I viewed a very cool collection recently. I'm sorry that I can't divulge anything whatsoever about the collection, but I have quite had my fill of cool coins for quite a while!

wink.gif

EVP

Not intending to insult anyone for their posts, but I share pretty much the same concern as Jeff. Whether another site is good or bad is immaterial. All we really need to worry about is the health of the site that we frequent.

And, of course, "good" and "bad" are highly subjective.

EVP

I'd like to politely yet stridently point out that the B&M/David Hall video thread was started as having nothing to do with PCGS outside of the obvious and unavoidable facts that David Hall is the President of PCGS and B&M is a subsidiary of CU.

My thread had everything to do with coins as I was writing about the disappointment of viewing what could have been a very educational video about a coin and seeing that it was only about hype. Where others may run with a particular thread is beyond my control, however, in my posts and threads what you see is what you get and if there was any agenda to slam either PCGS or CU one would not have to interpret the thread to read it.

I write about numismatics and the hobby/industry.