• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Western Union Payments

7 posts in this topic

A potential buyer asked me if I accept Western Union payments.

Anyone know how this works? Do I have to go to a Western Union to pick up the money? Will they mail me a check or transfer it to my bank account?

You have to go to a business that does western union. Most grocery stores have them. You would have to have the senders info and probably your ID. Not much to it as long as you have one close by!! It's also an instant money transfer, so that's good!!

I'm sure you're already aware, but there are a number of western union scams out there, so just pay attention to any warning signals you get. Particularly if they say they got the MO for too much and ask you to return the difference.

You can do bidpay and get your money right a way and you do not have to pay any fees, and the buyer pays all fee and you make all your money, or your can add your bank accounts and your money will be send to your bank. I know this because I sell on ebay and I do have over 200 sells on ebay and here is my user ID on ebay harlanave. If you get MO put them in your bank for about 10-12 days for them to clear, the same for checks and then send the item they won. If you want to accept Western Union payments tell them they will have to wait for about ten day after you have the MO in hand and only than will you send then the item.

Yep, I'm aware of the scams, but this buyer is in Russia, so I'm sure it's safe. wink.gif

Couldn't you just have him mail you a bride instead?

devil.gif

Beijim