• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Make An Offer: Auto Decline

7 posts in this topic

Anyone know how this works?

For Example: I list an item with a BIN of $100. I have the option of setting an Auto Decline and listing a price. If I list the price at $80 I assume anyone who makes an offer below that gets an automatic decline from eBay.

What happens if they make an offer of $85? Does the system automatically accept the offer and the item is sold or does it ask for my decision?

maybe I shouldn't be answering this since I don't know 27_laughing.gif

but in case no one else knows, what I do know is if you have best offer (only), you get the offer and have the right to accept or decline. If I sell a clock on ebay, I always have that option.

I do believe you can set an automatic reject of anything below whatever, but it should still (I think) ask you if you accept.

I got tired of people offering $10 for a $1,000.00 item but I kept things as they were because I want the leeway of not setting a lower limit at all.

I actually bid on a make offer. The first offer I made was too low and I recv'd an auto decline almost instantly. I then made another offer and that one came back telling me that the seller had 48hrs. to notify me if the offer is accepted. I'm presuming that the seller would still have to accept the offer.

Hi Greg,

bsshog40 is correct. In your example, a person offering $75 would receive an automatic decline from eBay, in essence filtering out the noise for you. The offer of $85 would appear for your consideration and manual accept/decline.

Regards,

Beijim

bsshog40 is correct. In your example, a person offering $75 would receive an automatic decline from eBay, in essence filtering out the noise for you. The offer of $85 would appear for your consideration and manual accept/decline.

This would seem reasonable since I think the seller should be able to decline on any amount from certain buyers he may know aren't acceptable...such has one with lousy feedback.

jom

Thanks for the info! Now that I know how it works, I can set it up to exclude all the stupid offers.

Maybe one day eBay will add a feature to automatically add bidders to your blocked bidder list if they offer too low a price. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Maybe one day eBay will add a feature to automatically add bidders to your blocked bidder list if they offer too low a price. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

You wouldn't want eBay to add that feature. You'd never be able to make any more bids. 27_laughing.gif

jom