• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I live in Ontario and want to get a US coin graded

5 posts in this topic

I hope someone can answer this?

I am going to purchase a new coin from the US mint and I would like to have it graded immediately by NGC.

Can I have the mint forward the coin to NGC and have it graded prior to me picking it up?

Otherwise, I may have to pay duty on it twice.

Terry 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No problem! thumbsup2.gif
27_laughing.gif

Sorry about the laugh, I don't think you can do that thru the mint anyway. You would have to have all the paperwork, registered mail info, billing, etc.... Better off doing it yourself.

Depending on the coin, and assuming you're talking about submitting a single coin, it may actually be less expensive for you to simply wait and pick up an already graded example off eBay.

Take commemorative silver dollars as an example. A typical MS 69 or PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO silver dollar commem will sell on eBay not long after release for approximately the issue price plus some fraction of the Modern tier grading fee. It's hard to beat this on your own unless you submit at least five pieces so you qualify for the Modern tier price.

Beijim