• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATS-certified rainbow toned Morgan

21 posts in this topic

Looks to be a very attractive coin, but IMO that photo is about as accurate as a psychedelic concert poster from the 60's. smile.gif The seller is well known for hue enhancement. 893naughty-thumb.gif ..Mike

I have found the same to be true Hayden......maybe a bit more contrast that you can expect but if held under the proper lighting....I am sure some would change their minds........Nice coin.

(greattoning) is able to squeeze every drop of color out of his pictures. The coins will look similar in hand as they do in the picture. However, the pictures do capture the "best of the coin". This is what all sellers would like to be able to accomplish.

Looks to be a very attractive coin, but IMO that photo is about as accurate as a psychedelic concert poster from the 60's. smile.gif The seller is well known for hue enhancement. 893naughty-thumb.gif ..Mike

Nice coin, it seems many are talking about it. I defense of the seller, who I have purchased from in the past, his images are fairly close to reality, and it did not occur to me that they were enhanced.

It looks OK to me.

As regards the thumbprint, the money is being paid for the toning, the coin is after all only an 1882-S ms64... so most toner collectors could care less about the thumbprint on the obverse. Ninetynine times out of a hundred they'll just be looking at the reverse anyhow.

So I guess that using use hue/saturation enhancement and conveniently having a fellow toner collector/seller post your for-sale coin on the PCGS forums pays well. Not surprising, but disappointing....Mike

So I guess that using use hue/saturation enhancement and conveniently having a fellow toner collector/seller post your for-sale coin on the PCGS forums pays well. Not surprising, but disappointing....Mike
And you Know all this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif How?

I didn't realize GreatToning was located right outside of Boston during the holidays. If I did I would have tried to set up an appointment to see some coins for in-hand vs photo comparison purposes. I've seen some toned coins which were disappointing in-hand when compared to the pictures but this may not be the case here. It would be good to compare some of his coins in-hand with his pics to get a frame of reference.

Can we please not do this right now. mad.gif

Can we please not do this right now. mad.gif

Do what Z ??

I asked a question about a statement and I am wondering how he came to his conclusion ...

If you have a problem with my asking then may I suggest you put me on ignore.. thumbsup2.gif