• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBAY ALERT _ Warning Warning Danger ..Boycott Ebay

9 posts in this topic

NO a biggie just that they started that anonymous bidder thing where the bidders on items are label as

bidder 1

bidder 2

bidder 3

etc - Kind of sucks and I dont like it

We will just have boycott Ebay

As a seller this may seem wierd but it will cut down on phony second chance offers as other scams. Always looking at the bright side wink.gif

Dcoin

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that a seller option for an auction??

Making an auction PRIVATE was this is going to be for all auctions - they started implementing today ..

I wont like ity because I can solicit Ebay users to look at my auctions. I used to go look at past auctions for a similar item I am selling and email them to take a look at mine if still looking for something like this ... Ebay used to allow 10 per day .. which was reasonable .. I do not believe this is able to be done now. In this manner it will be taking mony OUT of there pockets as I get a lot more action on my auctions because of this tactic ..

I am not happy

Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay Boycott Ebay

thumbsup2.gif

If any of you ever bid on an item that was $1,000 or more and didn't win, but got literally a DOZEN 2nd chance offers from a DOZEN different scammers, you'd probably like this change more.

In my current batch of auctions, I made all the auctions where I think the item will sell for $300+ private. It may cost me some bids, but I'm tired of the scammers!

If any of you ever bid on an item that was $1,000 or more and didn't win, but got literally a DOZEN 2nd chance offers from a DOZEN different scammers, you'd probably like this change more.

In my current batch of auctions, I made all the auctions where I think the item will sell for $300+ private. It may cost me some bids, but I'm tired of the scammers!

This is a pretty crappy way to stop scam emails. A better way would be just to make all communication happen through my ebay, rather than by email, a change that SHOULD HAVE been put in place eons ago. This isn't about scammers, it's about eBay protecting their income by preventing people from seeing shill bidding happening, thus enabling it. The only thing eBay cares about is their final value fees, and this is one way to nudge that portion of their income up.

Scammers are a way of life on eBay. Bogus second chance offers, phishing, and the like are an unfortunate reality of the eBay experience. However, if given the choice between shilling and transparency, I'll take transparency every time -- particularly givent the fact that sellers already have the option of making bidding private essentially stopping these bogus offers from occuring.

That being said, I find it odd that someone who preaches "know exactly what you are purchasing" would consider a bogus second chance offer as problematic. After all, if knowledge is the keys to effective coin transactions, the application of which would easily filter out these bogus second-chance offers (do anybody but the extremely naive fall for these?), then why would one support removing the ability to gain knowledge of bidding and potentially immoral and illegal activities on eBay?

Then again, the answer why is obvious, at least to me -- and it has nothing at all to do with bogus second chance offers. It seems to me the motivation for and the support of these changes, in both cases, is self-interest. Shilling is profitable both for the seller and eBay, and the buyer be damned...Mike

p.s. I have bid on lots of items above $1000 and have received very few second chance offers, and those I did receive were instantly identified as such by simply checking on eBay instead of e-mail.