• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1961 Proof Set was Extremely Low Grade SO I bought this set ...

9 posts in this topic

Its a Mix of NGC and PCGS coins .. I will have crossed and Multi Holdered as the rest of my Proof sets .. Nice Coinage .. I think the Half has a chance to go DCAM through NGC - Its a PF68CAM set ...

1545361-1961.jpg

Sharp Matching set .. I just had to smile.gif

1545361-1961.jpg.5ef6355cf2fd40ac229a63206bf0bed4.jpg

That's a very nice set! So, how does it work with the Multiholder? Do all the coins have to be the same grade? Or does each get an individual grade in the Multiholder?

If the PCGS' grade the same as the Other three it will have a HOLDER grade of PF68 CAMEO - If the PCGS' grade lower they will be itemized separately on the holder.

Its a Mix of NGC and PCGS coins .. I will have crossed and Multi Holdered as the rest of my Proof sets .. Nice Coinage .. I think the Half has a chance to go DCAM through NGC - Its a PF68CAM set .

Sharp Matching set .. I just had to smile.gif

Great pickup. 893applaud-thumb.gif If the Franklin does go 68 DCam, you've REALLY done well. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Given that it is a '61 Frankie you are talking about I'd say the odds are not as high for it to get the dcam pop as if you'd tried a '62 or '63 with the same contrast. You may get a cameo star though. Nice set. thumbsup2.gif It'll look nice in a multicoin holder.

Given that it is a '61 Frankie you are talking about I'd say the odds are not as high for it to get the dcam pop as if you'd tried a '62 or '63 with the same contrast. You may get a cameo star though. Nice set. thumbsup2.gif It'll look nice in a multicoin holder.

I think the odds are higher of getting a DCam with a '61 compared to a '62 or '63. In PF68 UC there are 211 '62's, 151 '63's and only 59 '61's. smile.gif

I have to correct myself SkyMan. I think these high odds low odds probably confused me. After reading and re-reading your post, you had it correct. I just basically said the same thing as you said. My apologies. sorry.gif It's getting tougher and tougher getting old. confused.gif

I have not had good luck crossing over PCGS to NGC .. It may be a spite thing with them I dunno .. Think I should do a crack out and try the raw way or try the straight crossover ... I am leaning towards RAW and let them do thier own analysis - What say U