• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I do believe HERITAGE HAS GONE NUTS .... !!!!!

35 posts in this topic

Has anyone recieved thier 12 POUND box of catalogues for the FUN Auction

Friggin Unbelievable ...

I have not bought from them in two years smile.gif - think it is kind of a waste of revenue ?

Considering that everything is on-line, yes this massive box of paper is totally unnecessary. That said, this is one impressive selection of coins...Wish I had millions to spend.

You can request that they stop shipping you paper catalogs and also request that they send to you instead the DVD for each auction. This is what they do for me.

Considering that everything is on-line, yes this massive box of paper is totally unnecessary. That said, this is one impressive selection of coins...Wish I had millions to spend.

I like the paper copies. I'll frequently flip thru it and see coins I don't necessarily collect that I'll bid on. I bet a lot of people do the same. I've won several lots this way.

Especially the postal workers .. no wonder they go postal smile.gif

You should have seen this guy trying to shove this thing in my MAILBOX!!!

hahahaha

Wish I had millions to spend.

Me too. smirk.gif

Yesterday my catalogs came but one was missing from the box, which was torn! The sheer weight of the catalogs combined with hostile postal carriers likely resulted in the ejection of Volume 2 of their signature auction catalog into orphan mail space! insane.gif

Hoot

Last I heard, the DVD still will not work on a Mac. frown.gif The DVD would be preferred over the paper catalogs. I keep one or two total, including ALL the companies sending me catalogs. Paper catalogs are a waste of money for anyone with a decent computer.

I suppose if Heritage has 1000 catalogs printed, another few thousand would not cost much more.

I like looking throught the catalogs. cloud9.gif

I've placed a couple of bids (haven't won anything - yet) but they don't send me catalogs. frown.gif

You can call them up and asked to be placed on their list. They'll likely send you one or two, but if you don't win you're off the list.

If you win anything - even something really cheap - you'll get on their list.

I must have spent too much with them because they send me not only the US & World coin catalogs, but I also get catalogs for currency, autographs, manuscripts, paintings, etc.

I like looking throught the catalogs. cloud9.gif

I've placed a couple of bids (haven't won anything - yet) but they don't send me catalogs. frown.gif

You can call them up and asked to be placed on their list. They'll likely send you one or two, but if you don't win you're off the list.

If you win anything - even something really cheap - you'll get on their list.

I must have spent too much with them because they send me not only the US & World coin catalogs, but I also get catalogs for currency, autographs, manuscripts, paintings, etc.

I'm not sure. I won a few medals at their last Long Beach sale, and haven't gotten any catalogs since. (Granted, this might be a good thing.) I suppose that they have separated the "exonumia" category from the "coin" category so that I only receive the few in the first but not those which are mainly coins.

My poor postman had to walk through the snow and ice to place them on my porch.

Really? I wore short sleeves today. 27_laughing.gif

Seriously, though, I thought my mailman was the only one who hammered packages into mailboxes. It once took me well over a minute to pry out a box he'd shoved into my mailbox. The box was literally larger than the box. Another person down the road had a package that they guy had placed on the open lid and then strapped onto the box with bailing twine. The big AMAZON.COM logo was just right out there for all to see. My mailman also doesn't bother to close my lid all the way (it takes a slight upward pull to close it) so my mail gets wet when it rains. He really pisses me off, but I'm afraid to complain lest he start 'losing' my mail.

I wore short sleeves today. 27_laughing.gif

This just upsets me.

My mailman ... really pisses me off, but I'm afraid to complain lest he start 'losing' my mail.

I know the feeling, even though I have had good luck with our primary carriers. They sometimes go on vacation, and it's quite easy to tell - mail gets sent all over the neighborhood. I've had coins go missing for weeks at a time when the alt.mail.carriers were "delivering" and one for which only the package showed up. 893whatthe.gif

Hoot

You can request that they stop shipping you paper catalogs and also request that they send to you instead the DVD for each auction. This is what they do for me.

The problem, as I mentioned elsewhere, is that I enjoy the normal printed catalogs that contain stuff I can actually afford. The "Platinum" catalogs are useless. But I am not aware that you can choose to received just the normal catalog and not the "Platinum" pulp.

How do you guys get auction catalogs from Heritage?

Do they ship you free or do you pay for them?

I remeber when they shipped me for free, but that was long time ago frown.gif

I assume they must put you on their mailing list if you have ever bought from them. I got mine yesterday also. Full of beautiful pictures. Those can't be cheap to put out. laugh.gif

Yesterday my catalogs came but one was missing from the box, which was torn! The sheer weight of the catalogs combined with hostile postal carriers likely resulted in the ejection of Volume 2 of their signature auction catalog into orphan mail space! insane.gif

Hoot

The beauty here is that now you can contact Heritage and request that they send a whole new replacement package!

tonofbricks.gif

Beijim

Hoot

The beauty here is that now you can contact Heritage and request that they send a whole new replacement package!

tonofbricks.gif

Beijim

893whatthe.gif I'll send the extras to James. grin.gif

Hoot

I love the catalogs. I will spend hours brousing through them. If I am really intrested in something I will also look it up online. I would guess I keep around half of the catalogs I get.