• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just who were banned "across the street?"

144 posts in this topic

What's with all the "CARS" in peoples sig lines over there??? That and some are huge images...3 posts and your already on the next page.

Please, please don't start that trend here...show me a coin or some other small non-sensical image like mine...but please, no cars!

sign-rantpost.gif over

Just a guess---but probably 50-60% of the members currently on NGC Forum.

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Use of a certain word starting with "f" (no, not that "f" word) got a few people banned. Then it kind of broadened from there. Then a number of us "saw the writing on the wall" and began shifting our energies to this forum. I fall in that latter group.

WOW... is speaking about former members ATS enough to get responses to this thread pulled? Have I inadvertently stepped across some line?

Leo

WOW... is speaking about former members ATS enough to get responses to this thread pulled? Have I inadvertently stepped across some line?

Leo

Seems so 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

• Administrator

Leo

No...a post linking to a website was pulled and unfortunately we don't have the ability to completely isolate posts. This means that if we have to pull a post, any repsonses related to it will be pulled as well.

Leo

No...a post linking to a website was pulled and unfortunately we don't have the ability to completely isolate posts. This means that if we have to pull a post, any repsonses related to it will be pulled as well.

Deeenaaaaa shy.gif

I was banned there. I'm surprised mark feld was banned there.

I didn't know mark was banned. I thought I seen a post from him just the other day. The 20,000th post giveaway?? Am I right?? confused-smiley-013.gif

No, as I haven't posted there since my log-in access was denied in December.

I have never been banned across the street despite the fact that I have been critical of PCGS and NGC for that matter on their board at various times. I did curtail my participation over there considerably after they banned a lot people whom I greatly respect.

I log in over there every once and a while, and I do post a little. Two things have caused my inactivity. First, they banned some good people. Second, with those people banned, there is just not a lot over there that interests me any more. The “Guess the grade of my coin,” and “Wow I’m really hooked on all the modern junk the mint issues,” posts just don’t inspire my creativity. I would rather contribute to the discussions and learning process here.

I can’t say why I didn’t get banned over there. Perhaps it was because I never rubbed their nose into it when they were wrong. I just said they were wrong, explained why and went on.

I also tried to be fair and objective. I won’t waste my time posting on the boards of a grading service I thought was total waste of time or a rip-off. PCGS and NGC have both done some good things for the hobby. The sad part it PCGS has gotten so defensive, there’s no way to have a dialog with them on virtually any level.

And believe me, I hate the term “defensive.” In Bill Jones language that’s kick to the head. makepoint.gif

IThe “Guess the grade of my coin,” and “Wow I’m really hooked on all the modern junk the mint issues,” posts just don’t inspire my creativity. I would rather contribute to the discussions and learning process here.

sorry.gif whoops sorry Billjones gess i should "calm" my posts down 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is nice that you told me this as everyone just lets you keep doing it on this friendly site.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Gess i will have to keep learning and then i can add some thing into the discussions

see you all in about 20 years then 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Ps i am only messing about thumbsup2.gif

all the best from the insane.gif English bloke...dooly devil.gif

Leo

Oh...OK... In a feeble effort at a pun, I think I used an "at" symbol erroneously...my bad...Leo

IThe “Guess the grade of my coin,” and “Wow I’m really hooked on all the modern junk the mint issues,” posts just don’t inspire my creativity. I would rather contribute to the discussions and learning process here.

sorry.gif whoops sorry Billjones gess i should "calm" my posts down 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is nice that you told me this as everyone just lets you keep doing it on this friendly site.. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Gess i will have to keep learning and then i can add some thing into the discussions

see you all in about 20 years then 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Don't get wrong. I'm not here to put down beginners.

But the trouble with the PCGS boards is that they have run off some of the most knowledgeable people they had over there. Too much of what’s left are those folks almost have no idea that there WERE U.S. coins minted before 1980. All they can think of is how high a price they can get for very common coins with high grades on the holder. If you think that’s a stimulating numismatic conversation, then go check the PCGS boards out. It’s not my thing.

Bill... I too thought you had been banned ATS since I didn't see your postings after the blow-out. Similarly, I also followed the brain-trust over here after some quite knowledgeable folks were forced out.

However, as I said before [in my responses that were pulled due to my oversight here] I was also put off by some of the antics of the posters directed specifically at a young numismatist [Leiana] ATS. This as well as some comments about my collecting interests slowed my activity considerably. The December purges were simply the last straw for me.

Leo

Don't get wrong. I'm not here to put down beginners.

But the trouble with the PCGS boards is that they have run off some of the most knowledgeable people they had over there. Too much of what’s left are those folks almost have no idea that there WERE U.S. coins minted before 1980. All they can think of is how high a price they can get for very common coins with high grades on the holder. If you think that’s a stimulating numismatic conversation, then go check the PCGS boards out. It’s not my thing.

thumbsup2.gif I went over there the other day the first time ever !!! just because everyone was talking about it over hear.. i scaned it and was back over hear 10mins later .. i am glad i did my research before i "chose" where i would get my coins Ect done !

I think i chose well and my collection is benifiting from it just hope my bank balance can cope with it 27_laughing.gif

gess my 1971 collecting is ok then ! sorry to you all for going on about it but it makes me a happy Bunny insane.gifthumbsup2.gif

and remember some times people need to be put down or things end up messy..

all the best dooly thumbsup2.gif

i post quite a bit ATS, but it is mostly relegated to the darkside forum, as that seems to be where my collecting has taken me. the PCGS darkside forum is very, very good; it has the quality of experts and informative posters that their US coin forum used to have before the heavy-handed bannings.

Dooly- you're just happy to be on a forum that gives you plenty of free emoticons to use! (ha ha)

Bobby... I was closing in on 2000 posts ATS (I think I stopped at around 1700 or so). I had good response to a 1000-post giveaway and I was thinking about what to do for 2000 when the proverbial defecation hit the rotory oscillator. Oh well... I can just as easily plan a 1000 post giveaway here

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

L

i post quite a bit ATS, but it is mostly relegated to the darkside forum, as that seems to be where my collecting has taken me. the PCGS darkside forum is very, very good; it has the quality of experts and informative posters that their US coin forum used to have before the heavy-handed bannings.

Dooly- you're just happy to be on a forum that gives you plenty of free emoticons to use! (ha ha)

thumbsup2.gifsign-offtopic.gif

remember a picture paints a thousand words 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

devil.gif

Thanks Bruce, do you know who owns it now? Some of the most unusal bag toning I have seen. That one ought to be considered a "National Treasure". grin.gif