• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just who were banned "across the street?"

144 posts in this topic

Regarding the 1913 nickel:

The coin has not changed at all except for a very mild rinse between the time the coin was sold at Eliasberg and the time Parrino sold the coin.

What does "mild rinse" mean in numismatics? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I chimed in occasionally in support of a written guaranty of authenticity with a specified remedy. I wish that I could continue the struggle on your behalf; but, I've just returned from Re-education Camp, and I can now see that PCGS was right all along. insane.gif

I think you mean Re-education Camp. smile.gif

Isn't that what I said? confused-smiley-013.gif Behold the beauty of a traceless edit. And watch out for TomB while you're over here. He likes to place a quote box around other peoples' messages after changing what they wrote.

He thinks that it's funny, but . . . OK, well, it is.

I think you mean Re-education Camp. smile.gif

Isn't that what I said? confused-smiley-013.gifHOOT MUST DIE!!! Behold the beauty of a traceless edit. And watch out for TomB while you're over here. He likes to place a quote box around other peoples' messages after changing what they wrote.

He thinks that it's funny, but . . . OK, well, it is. By the way, did I mention HOOT MUST DIE!!!?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here is what got me banned across the street. I still haven't recovered since the closing of the Open Forum. Say what you will about the open forum and I'll say that it was a group of fun and intersting people who would open their hearts and their wallets if one of the group was in trouble. Thank God that we all relocated to another forum but the half hour notice that PCGS gave when they closed it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

That with the drunken Mod and the Mark fiasco, I didn't want to go back and since I have no self controll, I posted this to Mr. Hall.

cratonrocks.jpg

I repeat MBT, with both of us gone do you REALLY think they are going to make such a change?

Yes I do. David Hall does not want to be seen in public as a liar or a person that reneges on a promise. I believe he is a man of his word. I have been assured by a reliable source that David will "deliver" on his promise.

Also note that Julian was involved in this. I've known him for over 30 years, and he won' t put up with any baloney. A deal is a deal, and a promise is a promise. Plain and simple.

As many of you know, I can be very persistent. You may be assured that I will not give up on this quest. However, I believe David is an honest man with integrity who will honor his commitment to beef up the PCGS guaranty of authenticity.

I don't think David made that promise to Julian.

I also don't think that Julian told you that David made that promise. "We'll do it" to a promise of a real change is quite a stretch IMHO.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I'll offer my humble apology to you, MBT, Julian, David and this fine board.

I also don't think that Julian told you that David made that promise. "We'll do it" to a promise of a real change is quite a stretch IMHO.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I'll offer my humble apology to you, MBT, Julian, David and this fine board.

The following is a direct quote from a post by Julian that includes a direct quote from David :

[Julian]

I emailed the thread to David Hall and Ron Guth and suggested that they beef up their written guarantee.

David just emailed me back

Thanks Julian…we’ll do it…

Just read it this time MBT.

Why not get off the "Save the world" kick, and get back to business across the street? I miss SOME of you, but not the "crybabies", or the off topic addicts.

If you are simply boycotting CU, come on back. yay.gif

Just read it this time MBT.

Julian has no doubt what was said and intended. The question now is "Is David Hall a man of his word?'. I believe he is.

The question now is "Is David Hall a man of his word?'. I believe he is.

If you believe that David Hall is a man of his word, why are you insisting on a written guaranty of authenticity? confused-smiley-013.gif

If you believe that David Hall is a man of his word, why are you insisting on a written guaranty of authenticity? confused-smiley-013.gif

It gives the major something to do. smile.gif

You are comparing apples to oranges--

PCGS says they have a "PCGS Guarantee of Grade & Authenticity"

And what does it say?

The Guarantee of Grade & Authenticity is fundamental to PCGS's concept of third-party grading. The cash-back policy ensures the accuracy of the grade assigned to any PCGS coin as long as it remains in its tamper-evident holder. If a coin is believed to be improperly graded, and a discrepancy is found when resubmitted through PCGS's Downgrade Resubmission service, the guarantee entitles the coin's owner to options designed for his protection.

Authenticity only is in the title!!!

Don't get me wrong, MBT; I agree that there should be a written guarantee of authenticity with a specified remedy. But I couldn't overlook the irony of your statement that you believe David Hall is a man of his word. If just his "word" were sufficient, there'd be no reason for insisting on a written guaranty.

sign-funnypost.gif

David Hall may be a man of his word, but David Hall is not PCGS. He has great influence but I doubt he is like an omnipotent dictator whose word is law, and I'm sure he doesn't do everything himself. So he can ask to get the authentication guarantee beefed up, but it will require discussion and other things that can get in the way. So if he doesn't check up on it and/or push it it may not happen. And there is always the chance that the board will overrule him and decide not to bother with changing it.

So it is possible for David to be a man of his word, and to have no change to the guarantee.