• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Multi Coin Holder

14 posts in this topic

Board members,

I wanted to post here to let you know that a Press Release will be forthcoming in the next couple of days regarding the latest NGC innovation, the recently launched NGC Multi Coin Holder. Prior to the release of the official NGC Press Release, I wanted to address some of the questions from our board members below:

During the initial launch of this program, NGC will be coordinating with a very limited submission base to ensure that all programming issues, logistical issues, and volume issues are properly addressed. During this same time frame, NGC will focus on the grading and release of predominantly modern issue sets. Once the logistics are worked out to satisfaction, availability for submissions of sets will be open to the entire NGC dealer and NGC Collectors Society membership. In addition, this new multi-coin holder will be able to house sets of coins of uniform grades as well as coins of varying grades within the set. The holder itself has all of the common qualities of the present single coin NGC holder (just larger), along with the white core, the NGC label, and the NGC hologram on the reverse.

We look forward to your comments and ideas. And stay tuned for the upcoming Press Release.

Rick Montgomery

The obvious question is, how many coins can you put in it?

I'm thinking about really big sets of seated coinage, like over 100 pieces smile.gif

Or for a better question, should I have stock in plastic? 27_laughing.gif

Leo

I like the idea, as long as each coin receives it's own grade. Tough to find matched sets with each coin grading the same. Oh yeah, if they're moderns, the coins just get numbers thrown at them anyhow.....don't they? smile.gifwink.gif

ohhh that sounds like an awesome idea! Will have to see how it actually looks of course, but if you can make it look close to what a capital holder looks like, but with the ngc info at top and small sections per coin for the grade info, I will be all over it! grin.gif

So the ones sold on TV without a hologram will no longer be used and the newer ones will have a hologram?

Cameron,

I suspect the ones shown on TV were display prototypes and not production examples. At least, that's my tentative conclusion, as the coins contained in them didn't look very PF70/69 ULTRA CAMEO in the closeups.

Yeah, I can grade coins from an NTSC video image complete with cable broadcast artifacts insane.gif.

Beijim

Will Rick respond back to his own thread or how will we figure out if the slabs are two different types?

Give Rick a chance. He actually has a day job grading coins. 893whatthe.gif

there was some info on these in the Ask NGC forum.

Will Rick respond back to his own thread or how will we figure out if the slabs are two different types?

Cameron Kiefer

Cameron,

Dena said in the Ask NGC Forum that the production version will carry the hologram, implying that the picture was of a sample variant.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

And I thought I was bad collecting every possible variant of coin albums . . . grin.gif