• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thanks guys on the advise!!

12 posts in this topic

thanks tradedollarnut!!!!!!!!!!! mark feld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mhooten!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evillageprowler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i finally became a computer expert!! and got the cut and paste thing with the tewo new trade dollar posts!

i like it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, easy

again thanks for the suggestions and help!! if you want me to show you how......lol let me know!!

sincerely michael blush.gifgrin.gifsmirk.gif

Michael:

Now that you have learned the "basic copy and paste," you can think about moving on to advanced copy and paste, just as my 20-year old son showed me (!). This procedure assumes you use a Windows machine. Highlight the area you want to copy, just as you do now. However, rather than clicking anything, hit the Ctrl and C keys simultaneously. (For what it's worth, I sort of rock my fingers from the Ctrl to the C so that I actually hit the C key perhaps a 10th of a second after the Ctrl key.) This set of keys copies what you have highlighted to your clipboard, EXACTLY the same way as clicking "copy" does. However you don't have to take your hands off the keyboard to use your mouse. Then move your mouse to where you want to drop the copied material and hit the Ctrl and V keys simultaneously. This set of keys will drop the material so that it follows the mouse. You can use this procedure on virtually every Windows program and can use it to move between programs, just as you are currently moving your text between the PCGS and NGC boards. (By the way, this procedure also works on web pages. I have just used it to copy the following sentence from your initial post on this thread: "thanks tradedollarnut!!!!!!!!!!! mark feld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mhooten!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evillageprowler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

That said, I think you owe the tdn, mark feld, mhooten, and evp plenty of pictures of more beautiful coins to repay your debts to them. So, PLEASE keep those pictures coming so that the rest of us can also enjoy!

Mark

thanks hoot and mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well finally, in this eastern collection

i guess everything has to come to and end most all have been posted but for a few and some still need to be photographed so i think that you might not be hearing from me much anymore but i will still come on the boards to look at what everyone has posted!!!!!!

sincerely michael

man gunsmoke i hate that title under my name............lol how is it others get other stuuf written.........lol i just want the pikachu under my name like i have on the pcgs forums.........lol

well i guess every site has its ups and downs..............lol

sincerely michael

Michael:

I agree with the others..post more pictures. And, I don't care if it's here or "across the street."

One question I've had: All the coins you post are credited to "an eastern collection." If I am prying, just ignore the following, but I've always wondered about your connection with that collection and how long you have collected. I expect I'll obtain about the same level of expertise that you have around the first of never or perhaps a bit later. And, I expect I'll acquire coins of the same remarkable quality only a tad after I gain your expertise.

Mark

Michael,

I agree with toneddollars - you don't need to post images to contribute here. Stay around and let us know what you think about things.

Just do it!

thanks keithdagen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! toneddollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and mark feld of pinnacle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are the best!!!!!!

also some of the keys on my board are worn out!.......lol

and mark ask anything you want to you are not prying i have been doing coins for over 35 years like i eat sleep and breathe coins

i am one sorry [!@#%^&^].........................lol

since i was 8 as that was my first experience in coins selling a ten dollar gold piece i bought from len babin an 1881 with a huge gouge

under the date like an xf coin and making 4 dollars profit selling it to an old white man close to 80 with a huge belly smoking a cig.....lol

well i kmnow the owner of the eastern collection both me and the eastern collection are in the same town and close!and i get to look at the coins photograph them and describe them!!!!!!!! so it is fun for me!!

sincerely michael