• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Over 2 years of waiting...ended tonight....

16 posts in this topic

Cool coin. Congrats!!

I'll have to check my collection of Canadian dollars to see if I am missing a 1951 and find out if the low mintage on halves affected the mintage on dollars.

Scott hi.gif

Looks nice. How is the cameo on the obverse? The reverse looks very heavy.

It should cam....UC may be a stretch, the obverse is just not as profound, we'll see, i think it will fall short of UC, but should be a solid Cam........

Nice set. Nice work. There is something to be said for having discipline. smile.gif

Thank you Tom, i started this set about 4 years ago before the Registry program began. I have to say i've learned alot in the past couple of years about building a Reg set. I have seen both of the PCGS coins, i could have bought the other one in the Torex auction this year, but the coin had a "smear" across it and after days of fighting myself to jump at the chance and buy it, i chose not too. Now i am glad i restrained myself and waited, for this is a much nicer example. But you know as well as i, how hard it is to be building a Reg set and have a "key" coin that rarely comes up for sale, and pass on it......sometimes it gets REALLY frustrating, but i am determined to continue watching for the :quality" and upgrade only with the very best. I do still have to pick up the 2 1953 coins, but i have the patience to wait and i am sure i will pick them up one day........

Heck, after this long, i wouldn't know what to do with myself if i finished this set anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

Heck, after this long, i wouldn't know what to do with myself if i finished this set anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif

I understand that more than you know! insane.gif My Draped Bust half set was casually started on July 5, 1998 and was finished on November 11, 2006. This represents just six coins in choice VF through choice EF. 893whatthe.gif I find myself feeling like there is something missing when I am out at a show now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Awesome! Glad the long wait is over, but the wait makes it that much sweeter smile.gif

Something to be said about collecting coins with low mintages!