• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I THINK I JUST GOT TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS

20 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had any eBay dealings with mark6078 ? I sent him a check for three Morgans on 11/06, and my bank confirmed that it cleared on 11/10. The seller is now listed as NARU by eBay, and he has not responded to my inquiries. The mailing address I was given for the payment is a PO box in Prescott, MI and the phone number is no longer in service. Some of the other listing information also gives an address for him as Mark Lapham, Walnut Creek, CA.

If anyone can give me any information about this weasel, I would really appreciated it.

Chris

Never dealt with him but it seems strange. Have you called the bank to stop the check? Sometimes they can do that with cashier's checks too. Not sure they can do anything after it clears but you may want to ask them.

I wouldn't assume the worst just yet. The seller appears to have a decent record (mainly as a buyer). In their auction they say they wait 10-14 days business days to make sure the check clears. If the auction closed on the 11/6, it is possible that you could will be mailed pretty soon.

As for them being NARUed, it could be something as simple as their phone number has changed.

Never dealt with him but it seems strange. Have you called the bank to stop the check? Sometimes they can do that with cashier's checks too. Not sure they can do anything after it clears but you may want to ask them.

Once a check has cleared, there is nothing the bank can do.

Chris

Frances L. Machuga, January 2, 1921 - September 29, 2006

I was thinking alot about mom today. I sure miss her. frown.gif I'm just glad that I got to meet her in Vegas. She was exactly how I had pictured her. You were just how I pictured you, too. And that's not a bad thing. :þ

Vic .. Lucky you as I had never met the woman. But as Portrayed through the board members and Chris I think I Know who she WAS/IS. I even got to know her a little more with the Painting I obtained through Chris, which now hangs in my Leisure room, as the most Truly Gifted pass there personas off in thier art.

I am the PROUD owner of one of her works and will be cherished ...

Sorry about the HIGHjack ... but Victor Started it .. its his Fault smile.gif

I wouldn't assume the worst just yet. The seller appears to have a decent record (mainly as a buyer). In their auction they say they wait 10-14 days business days to make sure the check clears. If the auction closed on the 11/6, it is possible that you could will be mailed pretty soon.

As for them being NARUed, it could be something as simple as their phone number has changed.

Greg, here is the latest:

11/22 I sent Mark Lapham, mark6078 , another e-mail advising him that my bank confirmed my check cleared on 11/10.

11/22 I received a reply from Mark Lapham in which he stated that he would check with his bank that same day and also mail the coins if, in fact, I was correct. (At this point, it has been 14 days since he got my check.) He also stated that he would send me an e-mail as soon as he sent the coins.

11/29 Mark Lapham, aka mark6078, aka dirty rat, aka other things I can't say on an open forum, has not sent any e-mail confirming shipment, and I still haven't received the coins.

Well, Greg, do you still think I'm overreacting?

Chris

Okay - now you can get pissed off smile.gif

1) Ask Ebay for contact information Name address and Phone number

2) Tell ebay to refund you your money for a llowing this to happen - they will only refund 75% I believe .. I will link a few things for you - have the ebay auction number avaialable.

Contact Request

You will need your cancelled check for any further PAYBACK from Ebay so that will have to wait to you get it .. Make sure the bank send you a copy as some banks are electronized now and dont send them.

Any onther questions let me know as I have been through this before

but try contact info first

Mike

Okay - now you can get pissed off smile.gif

1) Ask Ebay for contact information Name address and Phone number

2) Tell ebay to refund you your money for a llowing this to happen - they will only refund 75% I believe .. I will link a few things for you - have the ebay auction number avaialable.

Contact Request

You will need your cancelled check for any further PAYBACK from Ebay so that will have to wait to you get it .. Make sure the bank send you a copy as some banks are electronized now and dont send them.

Any onther questions let me know as I have been through this before

but try contact info first

Mike

Mike, here is the latest:

I requested the Contact Info from eBay on Friday, 12/1. Mark Lapham was also given my contact info at the same time. On the same day, I received an e-mail from him stating that the coins were shipped on Thursday, 11/30 and that I should have them on Monday. Monday came and went; Tuesday came and went; and today there were still no coins in the mail. I called the phone number supplied by eBay and left a message. Mark Lapham called me back about 30 minutes later and gave me a song-and-dance about it wasn't he that was shipping the coins. I told him that I didn't care. He's responsible, and I wanted my money back. I told him that he could deduct $10 from the $248.65 and overnight it to me, but I expect to have it Friday. I also told him that I would not accept his personal check. I want a cashier's check or money order.

So, now I have to wait until Friday to see if he makes good on his promise. If not, does anyone live in Walnut Creek, CA?

Chris

Amazing how contact information gets things rolling aye ...

Now you have a valid phone number for his residence JUST IN CASE YOU MAILED THE CHECK somewhere other than that. Do a search on the Inet for an address to match the number you got ... to the address given you. If they match then its the registered LETTER thingie.

Eventually after all this they usually get scared into finalizing the transaction OR give money back.

I have gone all ways possible in the past sales/buys frown.gif

1-Got the transaction completed

2-Got the Refund due me from the seller

3-Had Ebay cover some of my expenses even though its only 75% - its better than nothing ...

Good luck and Keep us informed

Mike

Chris: Maybe you can take him to small claims court in Florida and make him come to Florida, at his expense, or Florida Superior Court will issue a Bench Warrant for his arrest in California. The theft by deception was for over $100.00.

Chris: Maybe you can take him to small claims court in Florida and make him come to Florida, at his expense, or Florida Superior Court will issue a Bench Warrant for his arrest in California. The theft by deception was for over $100.00.
blush.gif,,,That will wake him up...Good luck and keep us posted.

Thats basically what you do .. but you have to have the proper paper trail with a regged letter first with demands...

You can’t extradite him from California to Florida for the amount he owes you.

File a claim with ebay and recover all but 25.00 fee they charge for administrative fee.

I went throught the same thing over almost $3000.00. Arnold Swartzenager could't even help me.

However after almost 3 years I finally got all my money back from a class action law suit. I was lucky