• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 69 - Happy Independence Day!

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator

QUESTION: On USA coins the national shield is depicted with horizontal lines at the top and vertical stripes of alternating plain field and raised lines. Which colors do each of these components represent?

First post with the correct answer wins a copy of The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook and The Cherrypickers Guide.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Post Extras:

- The horizontal lines at the top represent blue.

- The plain field vertical stripes (of which there are seven) represent white.

- The raised line vertical stripes (of which there are six) represent red.

Beijim

The Horizontal lines are Blue.

The Vertical raised lines are Red and the plain lines are White...

I know I'm late but I had a tough weekend. This info comes from COWLES COMPLETE ENCYLOPIDIA OF U.S. COINS

blue field on top repesents congress.

lines going down repesnts thirteen original colonies

CHRIS

The horizontal lines at the top represent Blue, the raised lines represent Red, and the fields represent white. At least this is true for the Liberty double eagles!

QUESTION: On USA coins the national shield is depicted with horizontal lines at the top and vertical stripes of alternating plain field and raised lines. Which colors do each of these components represent?

ANSWER: In the international language of heraldry, horizontal lines = blue, plain field = white and vertical lines = red.

CONGRATULATIONS!

The winner is Beijim.

Your prize is a copy of The U.S. Rare Coin Handbook and the Cherrypickers Guide.

Runner up winner is jtryka! You will be receiving a display box.

Your prizes will be sent out ASAP.

Thanks for your participation!

Dena and Danielle,

I received the books yesterday and wanted to thank you for running Numismaquest and providing great prizes. I can see I'll be enjoying The Cherrypickers Guide for quite some time!

Sincerely,

Beijim

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just a reminder . . . NGC attributes all Cherrypicker varieties under its VarietyPlus service.