• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay question - feedback abuse by DCC_06

40 posts in this topic

So basically, I saw where someone had bought 2 of my auctions for around $100, then I checked my feedback and the bidder had immediately left me the following 2 negatives.

never received item *spoon* ebayer never again waste of time should go to school F

never got item horrible ebayer never again loser!!hope you burn in hell smile.gif

I think that pathetic loser DCC_06 just pulled a rotten stunt. What an 893censored-thumb.gif piece of 893censored-thumb.gif! Well, I promise that little eBay weasel one thing - his little stunt won't last for long. The feedback will be removed, his vulgar little words will be gone, and I'm going to do what I can to have his little eBay business booted off the system.

He can kiss my grits.

That would really have tee'd me the &*^%^*& off! You're a big guy, Mike. It should be an inalienable right to slap a bonehead like that until he screeches like a banshee! mad.gif

I plan on relisting, but I'm going to wait until I hear back from eBay so that I can do so with the negs removed.

I want his other account removed and his listings cancelled. That'll hurt him in his back pocket. Any chance I can get that accomplished?

Do you know who the person is? DCC_06 doesn't seem to be a valid account. mainecoingradingservice is the one who left you the negs. What's the account of the person you think did this?

If you push hard enough you may be able to get his other account NARUed, but not likely if they are a big seller.

Do you know who the person is? DCC_06 doesn't seem to be a valid account. mainecoingradingservice is the one who left you the negs. What's the account of the person you think did this?

DCC_06 is/was the individual's username on this board. DCC_06 posted on the board that he sells on eBay under the username coins4you_04. The negative feedback he left me was left under the shill username MaineCoinGradingService which coincidentally happens to be the name of the fake slabbing service that coins4you_04 has sold previously ( http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:_hU...t=clnk&cd=1 ). He has also sold under the alias wwwmcgs.bravehostcom ( http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:bIq...t=clnk&cd=2 ).

All of this happened immediately after DCC_06 started throwing a temper tantrum and getting mad at me in the Money Marketplace - those posts were subsequently removed by a moderator.

I am now pursuing feedback removal with eBay. I want both of those userIDs removed since it is obvious to me the same individual is behind both of them.

For informational Purposes

User ID Effective Date End Date

coins4you_04 Oct-16-06 Present

wwwmcgs.bravehostcom Jul-19-06 Oct-16-06

bada_61281517_2004 Aug-06-04 Jul-19-06

Sorry, just tired of hearing about dcc_06 27_laughing.gif figured we could move on we all know they will remove the feedback and that acct will be suspended but they are not going to take a account and close it over these types of things especially if the person or person's bring eBay money they try to get as much of it as they can which we all know that why most are now using heritage and teletrade. But anyway I didn't mean anything towards you sorry to offend and have a great turkey day!! thumbsup2.gif

dont mind my sign-rantpost.gifpoke2.gif

Ouch, CopperMan. Ever consider that the feedback removal process might be interesting to some? More interesting than those Tom Noe threads of late, IMHO.
Much more interesting to me...Keep us abreast and good luck thumbsup2.gif

Sorry, just tired of hearing about dcc_06 27_laughing.gif figured we could move on we all know they will remove the feedback and that acct will be suspended

Actually, I don't know that. I just got a message back from those *spoon* at eBay saying that the feedback wasn't in violation of their policy, when in actuality it violates two of their policies:

1) no buying items just to leave negative feedback

2) no profane language in a feedback.

Clearly the eBay folks can't be bothered to actually look at feedback. Probably, they deny everyone's first claim automatically and only investigate the followups.

On top of that, I'm being charged final value fees for $100 worth of sales and I'm not going to be making any sales with my feedback that scrogged up. I'm sure DCC_06 is laughing his *spoon* butt off right now at the hassle he's caused me. I'm going to get the last laugh though. I won't stop until the feedback is fixed and he's booted off the system. I'd love to sue his butt for this. I wouldn't make any money from it, but the satisfaction alone would be nice.

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

EDIT: I'm also a little fed up with the board censor software that won't let me write the word IDIO_T ?!?!

Profanity Test:

------------------------

*spoon*

fool

*spoon*

*spoon*

damn

hell

*spoon*

*spoon*

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

What? I can say 'damn' and 'hell' but I can't say idio_t?

Who's running this place? Pre-school teachers?!?

What? I can say 'damn' and 'hell' but I can't say idio_t?

Who's running this place? Pre-school teachers?!?

That's ok... you cannot say Dem-o-crat or Re-pub-lican either! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I was told that the reason for this goes back to when they ran an open political forum that became a bit nasty. But when you talk about the laws that govern numismatics, it is very difficult not to mention political parties--especially since the process has been so politicized!

Scott confused-smiley-013.gif

I think that eBay's customer no-service representatives are instructed to automatically decline all requests for removal on at least the first and second requests. I think that my case is clear cut, but here's my latest response from eBay...

Can someone tell me if I can get in touch with someone at eBay by telephone? This is ridiculous!

Dear Michael, Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your request for Feedback removal.

I have forwarded your concern about "mainecoingradingservice" having shill accounts to the appropriate department. Feedback that contains profane, vulgar, obscene and racist language, or adult material, will be removed. However, our guidelines for determining vulgar and inappropriate language in the Feedback Forum have been established by our legal department and we will remove comments based on those guidelines.

I have thoroughly reviewed your account for the possibility that the member could have posted a comment that violates our Feedback policy and determined that it doesn't meet the removal requirement as outlined in the policy. To learn more about the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal & Removal policy and the requirements for removal, go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-abuse-withdrawal.html

Although we can't change or remove this Feedback, you may be able to withdraw the Feedback rating using our Mutual Feedback Rating Withdrawal process or a dispute resolution service such as SquareTrade. To learn more about these options and other suggestions for resolving Feedback disputes, go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/feedback-disputes.html

I appreciate the opportunity to answer your email, and wish you the best of luck in your future transactions.

Sincerely,

Shirley

eBay Customer Support

My response:

I do not understand why eBay refuses to remove this feedback.

The buyer was in clear violation of two of eBay's policies. Please

explain to me where my following argument is flawed...

According to eBay's Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal, and Removal Page:

"Feedback that meets any of the circumstances below is feedback abuse

and may be subject to removal."

"Feedback left by a member who bid on or purchased an item solely to

have the opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller, with no

intention of completing the transaction."

The feedback in question clearly violates this condition. The items

were bought and negative feedback was left within

10 minutes of the buyer selecting "buy it now" as outlined below. The

buyer has not paid and has not responded to

invoices.

Obviously the buyer only bought the items "solely to have the

opportunity to leave negative feedback for the seller,

with no intention of completing the transaction."

Item Number: 260052659605

Item Purchased via Buy it Now: Nov-17-06 19:31:17 PST

Negative Feedback left at: Nov-17-06 19:40 (NINE MINUTES LATER)

Item Number: 260052676643

Item was purchased at: Nov-17-06 19:31:33 PST

Negative Feedback left at: Nov-17-06 19:39 (EIGHT MINUTES LATER)

In addition, in the buyer's feedback, he wrote "hope you burn in hell"

- which would seem to fall under eBay's policy against profanity in

"The feedback comment contains profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist

language or adult material."

I clearly see two violations of eBay policies. If these are not

violations, please explain to me why not.

Michael... you may want to check out Square Trade (www.squaretrade.com) to see if their services can help. I've had one experience with them a few years ago and found that it went very well. Try it... what have to got to loose.

Scott hi.gif

P.S. HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS! 893applaud-thumb.gif

FINALLY!

I've managed to get the feedback removed (at long last). I requested 3 or 4 times via the Feedback Removal form provided on the Feedback forum, with a number of declines from the Feedback Removal Team. I finally resorted to logging onto the Live Help chat feature. I waited for ~15 minutes to talk to someone and then presented them with my case. The rep agreed, then told me to email the Feedback Removal Team and mention that the Live Help people said the negs should be removed.

I did so, and 3 days or so later, they're gone. Took me about 2 weeks and a lot of hassle and time. Now I've got to get rid of the Final Value Fees the little weasel cost me and get my stuff relisted.