• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage vs. eBay

13 posts in this topic

It depends, I think. eBay can be all across the board as far as prices go. Take the 20th anniversary gold for example. Sets sold from the $5,000 range up to almost twice that. Heritage auctions in my experience tend to have a smaller spread between auctions of the same items.

It depends, I think. eBay can be all across the board as far as prices go. Take the 20th anniversary gold for example. Sets sold from the $5,000 range up to almost twice that. Heritage auctions in my experience tend to have a smaller spread between auctions of the same items.
I personally believe that Heritage has more knowledgeable buyers.

I think one of the things I like about Heritage is that you can send all the material in at one time versus umteen times on eBay. Unless one person buys the whole lot. I've seen a fairly large spread on Heritage also. Can't figure out why, but it happens. It must be all in the timing.

I personally believe that Heritage has more knowledgeable buyers.

That could also be true!

You could take your chances with eBay, and hope for something good, or go with Heritage and probably get a more definite bid.

One thing about Heritage also is that you'll only see PCGS, NGC, NCS or ANACS. It's such a *spoon* shoot whenever you see a coin slabbed by PCI, CCG, INA or any of the other non major TPG's. And then they'll show you either a PCGS price guide or population report to help you make your decision.

I have never had a problem with Heritage or Teletrade for that matter.I dont know about everyone else but I just plain run from some coins on Ebay.If you bid on a coin at Heritage or TeleTrade you chances of getting hijacked are almost non-existant.

I have never had a problem with Heritage or Teletrade for that matter.I dont know about everyone else but I just plain run from some coins on Ebay.If you bid on a coin at Heritage or TeleTrade you chances of getting hijacked are almost non-existant.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif That is pretty much how I am leaning.

The pricing spread on Heritage is probably due to "sight-seen" coins being bid in auctions, or live bidding overheating. Ebay is a c**p-shoot. Unless you know the dealer, you may not get what you think your getting.