• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASE MS70s - agree or disagree?

8 posts in this topic

PCGS is real hard on silver splatter which is almost on every coin .. for them to say there are none perfect is a fallacy on thier part.

Silver splatter from the dies look like specks of shiny on the coin.

my 2c

PCGS refuses to award the MS70 grade since these coins are prone to developing milk spots. A coin they might deem perfect will still only grade MS69.

PCGS refuses to award the MS70 grade since these coins are prone to developing milk spots. A coin they might deem perfect will still only grade MS69.

Does this now apply to all ASE's, or just the 20th anniversary ones that eveyone seems to be all bumfuzzled about?

Too many 69's have noticable flaws. I think we could use a grade between 69 and 70 for those coins that are essencially flawless but technically aren't absolutely 100% perfect. Further, I would then throw all MS70s into that catagory as well, because I too think it is a more theoretcial than a practical grade.