• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would this have a shot at crossing?

9 posts in this topic

Yes, it would cross and its up to you if it is worth the money. Being in the new ANACS holder supposedly makes it more respectable than the older one. I've seen reports about new, higher standards associated with the new plastic at ANACS. By the way, very nice coin!

Do not send the plastic to cross. If if looks as good in hand as in the pic, crack then send raw.

It is always risky, but if there is a large $ drop of from 65-64, it may not be worth the risk.

Do not send the plastic to cross. If if looks as good in hand as in the pic, crack then send raw.

It is always risky, but if there is a large $ drop of from 65-64, it may not be worth the risk.

It does look quite good with very few marks and booming luster. The coin about quadruples in price between 64 and 65, and I've heard that the VAM11 is not as rare as once thought, but is still pretty scarce in Gem.

JJ

It does look quite good with very few marks and booming luster. The coin about quadruples in price between 64 and 65, and I've heard that the VAM11 is not as rare as once thought, but is still pretty scarce in Gem.

JJ

Get a second opinion from your favorite trusted dealer. He may have the best insite and guide you to your best course of action.

If it were me and my dealer says he gets the same money for PCGS, NGC, or ANACS with that particular coin, then I don't worry about the holder at all (which has happened on many occacions).

I can't help but believe that sending it in with the holder would influence any new grade you might get if you tried to cross. The coin looks so nice that I would crack it out and send it before I would cross. But I can see why you think it would cross. I've got some 65's and 66's that don't look that good.

Bob

That is one of the first New ANACS graded Morgans that I think would cross and Yes I would try to cross it to either NGC or PCGS.....

Nice VAM as well..The top 100 does add to the value.How much is up to debate but that is a really nice coin so in my opinion I personally would pay the premium if I were looking for that particular Variety.... thumbsup2.gif