• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My take on the FUGIO cent

39 posts in this topic

TTT

Neat post Mike.

Why do the rings on the reverse of your coin appear to be incussed. Shouldn't they be raised like normal devices? Is this just an illusion from your picture ?

Paul

Hey Paul, it must be an optical illusion from my scan!

I know what you mean, sometimes I'll look at a coin pic and see the same thing.

Keep looking at it and when you change your focus it will look 'normal'.

Hey Paul, it must be an optical illusion from my scan!

I know what you mean, sometimes I'll look at a coin pic and see the same thing.

Keep looking at it and when you change your focus it will look 'normal'.

Wow.....You're right. On my computer here at work, it looks normal. At home, it appears reversed.....I'm going to see if I can copy the picture on my home machine and see what happens.

Thanks Mike.....

Paul

That was it Mike.....

I copied the image from my computer at work (normal image) and e-mailed it to my home computer (incused image). I then opened the normal image at home while on this site. The e-mailed image was normal while the view on this site was reversed. I copied the reversed image, thinking I could combine the two into one photo and show everyone that I wasn't crazy. As soon as I copied the reversed image, they all , like magic, appeared normal. Boy, that was weird.....I have never....

Paul

The incuse image optical illusion can be sensitive to positioning or size changes of the image. I believe it is caused by the mind not being able to pick a proper frame of reference to interpret the image. Changing the position or size may allow the mind to look at in a fresh way allowing it to find the proper reference points.

The incuse image optical illusion can be sensitive to positioning or size changes of the image. I believe it is caused by the mind not being able to pick a proper frame of reference to interpret the image. Changing the position or size may allow the mind to look at in a fresh way allowing it to find the proper reference points.

Sounds like a feasable explanation Conder. Thanks you for your thoughts. This one had me going in circles for a couple days......

Paul