• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what coins are currently WAY overpriced??

6 posts in this topic

for me.......................

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$

any coin that if broken out of its slab sells for 50% or less raw than slabbed

$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sincerely michael

All PR70 coins.

Most moderns (85%).

MS/PR68 coins. One tiny grade point, yet priced exponentially higher.

Fantasy coins.

Anything in a slab that has a strike designation, but the coin isn't fully struck. This includes most FBL Franklins.

Many modern series, particularly PR69DCAM Ike's and Kennedy's. However I also think that many Morgan dollars are over priced, considering the listed populations for these coins.

for me proof and ms 68 coins approximately half are all there half are not

it is on a sight seen coin by coin basis

but a 68 be it proof or ms has to have a certain "look" to it and.......... if it is monster toned then even better

but with early commems in ms68 half are 68 and half are wannabes it does drive me crazy to see a monster toned early commem ms67 coin that is actually nicer not only eye appeal wise but from a technical aspect as some ms68 but such is the subjective grading system at the services

sincerely michael

here is an ms68* STAR graded coin that is all there as a ms68 and worth heads and tails over any ms67 and yet is not priced huge over an ms67 but THIS MS 68* STAR is still many multiples better THAN AN MS67! but it all depends on the series AND THE COIN!!

207384-1860halfdime.jpg.300dbbb6922b5db955844a8b03406adb.jpg

HERE IS yet another coin graded ms68* star AND IS A real ms68 and if viewed sight seen in person is an easy ms68

besides being exceptionally eye appealling and definately better than a ms67

and worth multiples any ms67 looking as it does along with its technical merits

sincerely michael

207393-oregon37-d.jpg.60c54b07743c4f0ebb32284b8661b3aa.jpg

I don't like MS/PF70 coins or pieces that take on an enormous percentage of their value (80-90%) because of the grade on the holder. I also don't like manufactured rarities (1804 dollar, 1913 Liberty nickel et al...). Finally, and most importantly, I don't like coins without eye appeal! 893frustrated.gif