• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could you be happy with what you already HAVE??

5 posts in this topic

If for economic or other reasons you could never buy another coin, could you be happy enjoying what you have?

Or would you sell the coins? Remember, you can NEVER buy another.

No. I want to meet my goal, which is to finish my collection. If I couldn't buy more coins I'd sell off every coin I had.

Happy - no. But I suppose I would have to learn to live it.

Now then - you said I could never buy another. That's OK - I'll just trade for new ones then smirk.gif

Seriously - I understand your point. I have gone through periods before when I could not buy coins for my collection. It was no fun. In a way - like many things in life - the hobby is addictive. I don't know that I'll ever be satisfied. When I complete a set - I move on to another. Or I work on one set for a while until my interest wanes somewhat and then work on an entirely different set for a while. This helps keep the passion alive & vibrant.

Over the 40 plus yrs that I have been collecting I have gone through periods when I made no additions to my collection. But this was always due to the excitement waning or something else in my life distracting me. But then I go looking again - and the fire burns anew. To be honest - I don't if I could give it up for good.

I am happy with what I already have. It would be nice, though not psyche threatening, to complete at least a couple more sets (Dime type, Trimes, Half Eagle short set).

I have had a ball for the past several years buying the best coins that I can afford for my modest sets. If it ended now, I would not be very sad but mostly happy that I got to do all that I did.