• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ICG to NGC cross over

33 posts in this topic

I know PCGS has a policy of automatically rejecting any PF70 or MS70 sent to cross and NGC might have the same policy. The reasoning is that the edge of the coin cannot be examined and any difficult to see imperfections might be obscured by a defect on the plastic.

Nope they assess the coin and see if it will cross at the same grade or better within the holder. If they feel as though it will they crack out .. so if you are trying to get a 70 ... might as well crack out and send in

I was just wondering. I need a set of proof 70 ngc 1999-s silver state quarters to finish my set. NGC registry under tvg. I sent in some proof sets and they came back 69. I cant seem to find any in a 70.

Whatta they gonna do if it doesn't .. send all the plastic pieces back with the rejected coin heheheh

27_laughing.gif

I had to laugh when I read that.

TRUTH

Here to Please smile.gif

I am in a quandry myself as I have 10-15 ICG MS70 $5 commems that I would love in my registry but the best they would get in a Crossover is a MS69. SO ....

Do I unslab and take the chance of 70's ... sell the ICG 70's for what I can get for NGC 70's or friggit and keep the ICG's ...

I have had thise dillemma on hold for a while .. and A while longer no doubt

i know were talking cross over submissions but do any of you guys personally use I.C.G.? do you think it's reliable?

I submitted a number of coins to them about a year ago since I wanted their black intercept shield holder. I found the grades to be conservative and fair on the coins that I submitted. A couple were lower than I expected and a couple slightly higher. I personally consider them among the top four TPG companies including NCG, PCGS, ANACS and ICG. They not only slab coins with a grade, but they also authenticate them too.

I'm curious how others feel about ICG too.

i know were talking cross over submissions but do any of you guys personally use I.C.G.? do you think it's reliable?

I use them. Not nearly as much as NGC, but I've probably sent 300-400 coins to them this year. I used to hate their grading. I thought they WAY overgraded. However, over the past couple years their grading seems to have become much more in-line with NGC/PCGS. In fact, sometimes tighter as they don't seem to award as many points for eye appeal.

The only downside with buying ICG coins is that they are slightly easier on allowing problem coins in their holders. Where NGC/PCGS might bodybag a coin with a borderline light cleaning, ICG will slab it and knock it down a point or two.

They are very good at certain areas. They'll grade practically* anything numismatically related. They'll grade all ancient and medieval coins. While NGC will grade a few of these, it's too hard to figure out which ones. I send them stuff that I have no idea what it is and they attribute it. I've got some 17th century Spanish countermarked coins in right now. No clue what they are, but I bet they come back slabbed and fully attributed.

*I was told practically anything, so I'm testing this with my last batch which included things like Dodgers world series silver rounds, a wooden nickel, proof set medals from foreign countries, WW2 ration tokens, coin club medals, a silver medal for the National Armored Car society, ANA Summer Seminar Gallery Mint medal, etc. I'm not sure what they will grade, but I'll either have a really unusual batch of ICG graded stuff or I'll get a nasty note from JP telling me I'm insane. Probably both!

Greg, be sure to let us know what ICG will or won't grade in that menagerie of submissions. I have some medals I might consider submitting.

Chris

Greg, be sure to let us know what ICG will or won't grade in that menagerie of submissions. I have some medals I might consider submitting.

Chris

Hey Greg< If you have any room in your submission box maybe you can piggyback this;

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Untitled-3a-1.jpg

That box of weird stuff is already at ICG. However, I'll be happy to stick that coin on the next submission. I'm pretty positive that they will grade that concept dollar.

Except for the fingerprint on the top of the obverse, it is a cool concept coin.

A little MS70 should take that fingerprint right off.

I have both of them .. I will picture them tonight.

Mine are in ICG holders as MS68's - They are pruduced by the Gallery Mint

as Sacagawea concept Prototypes that were not used.

1459575-sac1.jpg

1459575-sac1.jpg.d0fa37a1a0f6208cd7ea9a753904a3ba.jpg

I think there may be a couple on Ebay right now do a search for

Concept dollar. You will see those two plus the ONE I AM BIDDING ON smile.gif

PLease do not participate smile.gif

Ouch $80! I see the one you're bidding on... You do realize that there's one with no bids for $34 cheaper, right? smile.gif

I was hoping in the range of $25-$30 for one. DANG!

Ouch $80! I see the one you're bidding on... You do realize that there's one with no bids for $34 cheaper, right? smile.gif

I was hoping in the range of $25-$30 for one. DANG!

I bought mine 3 or 4 years ago and they were $80.00 then.....I had never seen the other one though ...I like it. thumbsup2.gif