• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Trade Dollar is off to ANACS just for fun. Pre-grades welcome!

15 posts in this topic

Funny thing about scans, that scratch on the obverse is BARELY noticeable in real life, but the cleaning knocks you like a ton of Estate Sale Wheats.

More grades! A Gem Proof Roosy is at stake. I used Economy service, so we should know something by Thanksgiving. grin.gif

I am going to go way out on a limb and say it will go "Altered Surfaces" Unc. Details net AU-58.

Well, it's been only 70 days and I got my coins back from ANACS - "The Third Best Grading Service In The World".

The Trade Dollar came back UNC Details, NET AU 50. (picture attached)

I'm declaring BillJones the winner with his guess of "Mint State sharpness .... net it down to AU-50." Way to go Bill!

braddick was close, but not quite, is doesn't say actually say "Scratched", they chose the more offensive attribute of "Cleaned".

Hmmm, now I have to score a Proof Roosevelt dime to send to Bill, seeing as I recently sold about half of my coin collection (aka hoard) and I can't find a Proof Roosie to save me. Hey Bill, how about a 1960's Proof Jefferson Nickel? 6 wheat cents? UNC State Quarter? VF Mercury Dime? 1920's Buffalo Nickel? Avg Circ Indian Cent? Broken PCI slab with nothing in it? 893blahblah.gif

264901-AaronTD.jpg.42dc817038541f56b632c6ce448c9220.jpg