• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof sets and Year Sets Now Ready!

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

We're in the process of adding Year Sets (MS - P,D,S) and Proof Sets to the Registry.

All sets from 1950 through 1967 are now ready to enter. Others will be added as time permits.

Enjoy!

Not to be a wet blanket here, but soon each and every single, individual coin will qualify for its own Registry.

893frustrated.gif

(I miss the basics!)

Not to be a wet blanket here, but soon each and every single, individual coin will qualify for its own Registry.

893frustrated.gif

(I miss the basics!)

I agree. I thought this was the tackiest thing when it was done across the street.

What happened to showcasing MEANINGFUL sets?

What's next, the small dollar set (SBA & Sacagawea)? The big clad dollar set consisting of one a single Ike?

I disagree smile.gif

I think registry sets should be fun. I don't think they have to be important numismatic rarieties.

Shouldn't they at least have to present some challange? Shouldn't people actually have to collect that type of set before they make it a registry set?

Why does it need to be challenging?

I like to fill out some regsitry sets. My goal of a complete type set is challenging in any grade. My 1956 proof set is part of my birth year set. This is one set where I want to score high. My 1907 proof set is just part of my type set. It is neat and all, but in no way will it challenge anyone trying to put together a finest 1907 proof set.

I collect type coins. But I ended up with some proof sets. I will register my proof sets and enjoy viewing the sets registered by other people. Should I not register my proof set just because my focus is my type set?

Too many sets harm the integrity of the Registry program, IMHO.

It is akin to what the Mint (Congress) did back in 1936 with Commemoratives. Too many of them and it killed the program (at least, for awhile).

A couple of Twinkies is tasty. A twelve pack of them is sickening sweet and causes one to hurl.

A couple of Twinkies is tasty. A twelve pack of them is sickening sweet and causes one to hurl.

Superb visual.

Hmm, the Twinkie Expiration Date Registry Set... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif Oh, sorry. Those coins won't be minted for another four hundred years.

I know many experienced collector's are not fond of the Proof Set idea. But it gives new collectors an opportunity to participate in Registry without spending a lot of money. For that and other reasons I'm glad you're now offering this yearly series. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm thinking there's some kids out there that might want to participate in the registry.

and if you give them something to start with they might get on to something bigger some day.

so I'm fine with the easy sets.

rob. 893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif