• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh wouldn't it be loverly?? ...if ebay put the seller handle in the title?

11 posts in this topic

I'd love a blocked seller list where certain sellers wouldn't ever appear. There are some ACG/PCI/NTC and scumbag sellers that I would never buy from, yet their auctions frequently come up in my search results.

lol!

I've often gotten the "ernie" surprise myself, along with a few others. I'd add my vote for the blocked seller list. I'm always afraid I'll forget and accidently bid on a coin from someone I'd rather not deal with.

Maybe I surf eBay too much but generally I am able to determine who the Seller is simply by the auction title.

For example, Rick Tomaska (Contemporary Cameo Dealer) titles his auctions in such a fashion I know it's his coin before opening the auction page.

Same with other Sellers- even Ernie, after you've opened a few.

The "blocked sellers" list is a great idea, and I frankly wonder why eBay doesn't already offer it. I can think of at least one ACG seller in Florida whose eBay ID I couldn't type quickly enough, even were I to create a keystroke macro to do it, into the list.

Your idea for improving eBay brings up a more generic (and slightly 893offtopic1.gif) observation I've had about eBay. Here's nominally the biggest, most successful online auction company in the world, yet it seems to be way behind the curve in terms of web site usability. Stupid things like limiting users to 15 saved searches, sections of the My eBay page that fail to properly delete items when you request, and -script code that causes runtime errors, to name only a few. As a software industry professional, it frankly blows my mind that eBay finds such things acceptable. I don't.

Beijim

Worst thing is for coin DEALERS. From the looks of it, ernie has 35 jillion satisfied price shopper customers.

And EVERY DANG ONE of them will bring a coin in to a local dealer and think he is being CHEATED when the truth comes out.

grrrrrrr.

Remember, "A penny whizzed is a penny ernie'd"

Yeeeeehaawwwww!

grin.gif

Worst thing is for coin DEALERS. From the looks of it, ernie has 35 jillion satisfied price shopper customers.

And EVERY DANG ONE of them will bring a coin in to a local dealer and think he is being CHEATED when the truth comes out.

grrrrrrr.

Remember, "A penny whizzed is a penny ernie'd"

Yeeeeehaawwwww!

grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif