• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone fill me in (President $1 coins)?

7 posts in this topic

Yep. $1 so-called circulating coins featuring 4 presidents a year. Commemorative $5 gold coins featuring the first ladies each year.

Major dud series!

President $1 coins coming in 2007? ( blurb on a Mint catalog sent me)
You can read more about the Presidential $1 Program on my blog (shamess plug acclaim.gif). I wrote about it last year when the bill was passed and just before the president signed it into law.

Scott hi.gif

Yep. $1 so-called circulating coins featuring 4 presidents a year. Commemorative $5 gold coins featuring the first ladies each year.

So-called cicurculating coins? They will be circulating. If you read the law, all government agencies from federal to local are required to use the $1 coin in change. There will be a circulating, but a limited one.

As part of the law, the congress forgot to add the provision to stop printing $1 paper currency. Circulation will be limited because of that and because the law requires one-third of the coins circulated to be Sac Dollars. In other words, too much politics in what should be a simple bill! What do you want from this most partisan congress in 230 years! devil.gif

Major dud series!

893naughty-thumb.gif Speak for yourself! I think it will be wonderful to have other presidents on our circulating coinage. Sure, some presidents were not distinguished in their service, but others that should be given the tribute, like Theodore Roosevelt, will have their chance!

Scott hi.gif

President $1 coins coming in 2007? ( blurb on a Mint catalog sent me)
You can read more about the Presidential $1 Program on my blog (shamess plug acclaim.gif). I wrote about it last year when the bill was passed and just before the president signed it into law.

Scott hi.gif

THANKS, SCOTT!

Major dud series!

I'm pretty sure it's $10 1-oz gold coins for the first-ladies. And for those presidents who were single, a coin commemorating stuff they did will be in the wife's place.

The $10 coins will, according to the United States Mint web site, be one-half ounce 24-karat gold coins issued in both uncirculated and proof versions. See Presidential $1 Coin Act for published information.

The 24-karat formulation surprises me for what is essentially a collector commemorative issue. Very easily damaged.

Beijim