• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$50 Gold Buffalo Sales

5 posts in this topic

I took a look at the US Mint Sales figures for the $50 American buffalo coin of which 300,000 are to be minted. The sales figures are in ounces not coins, the total indicated from June through October is 286,500. To assume the number represents the total number of coins 1/10 oz., 1/4 oz., 1/2 oz., or 1 oz made would be falce. I am sure a lot of the less than one ounce coins were sold so the total number of coins would be much greater than the 286,500 ounces sold figure.

So my questions are :

How do you know how many 1 oz. coins have been sold?

How do you know how many are proofs 1 oz. coins and how many are bullion coins?

Please let me know if any of you seasoned collectors can help me get a handle here on what I guess is a population report.

popcorn.gif

Thanks Much

If that number is correct, then there has been a BIG jump in sales over the last month. As of the end of September, the number was 216,000 with only a couple thousand being sold a week.

Ahhhhh,

I thought I saw less than one ounce coins for sale on the mint web site, well I could be wrong. Thanks for the reply folks

Any Idea how to find out how many of the bullion coins are minted, or de we just wait untill the year is up and wait for production figures to be published?

Thanks thumbsup2.gif