• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Way to go, NGC!

13 posts in this topic

I dislike the ICG holder for a number of reasons... The plastic is soft, so it's difficult to crack out. It's also translucent, which imparts a haze to the coin. Finally, it adds nothing new functionally to the slab (as opposed to SEGS, which has a top label).

EVP

Interesting results. I'm surprised that ICG faired as well as they did. I find their grading accuracy for MS and PF coins to be poor.

Way to go NGC!

Hoot

Congrats NGC! I only wish there was a way to direct new E-bayers to this poll to see before they bid on any ACG stuff. That could be another nail in Mr. Hager's coffin! laugh.gif

Andy

Cool! Now I wish they'de conduct a survey of only NGC and PCGS.

I also agree NGC's customer service should have been given an 'outstanding' rating.

At the show last Saturday, I was shown a MS-67 ACG Liberty Nickel. I kid you not when it was a solid GD-04. Zero Liberty showing, and not even a lame attempt to call it "weakly struck."

MS-67 price $5K+

GD-04 price $1.50

How can NGC get "superior" for turn-around time? They are fast with the regular tier, but the economy tier takes WAY TOO LONG.

Accuracy of All Attributions is the superior score for PCGS? They suck at this. Maybe average at best.

NGC customer service is top notch. They probably suffered in this score because word is that they are nicer to individuals than dealers. PCGS customer service used to be awful. Now it is passable and getting better.