• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Through the Years in Coins 1900-2006

232 posts in this topic

I see one. You get that slabbed or from the original mint set, DD? I just bought a 1970 mint set just for that coin, myself. And is that doubling I see? Can't quite tell.

This one is out of a mint set, still raw.

I see one. You get that slabbed or from the original mint set, DD? I just bought a 1970 mint set just for that coin, myself. And is that doubling I see? Can't quite tell.

This one is out of a mint set, still raw.

thumbsup2.gif

Geez, I guess the only 1970 dated coins I have are the proof set.

When the designs for the Ike dollar was presented to the public, the design had the 1970 date upon it. I wonder if any were actually struck in 1970 and subsequently melted. Now, that would be a cool piece to have. Kind of like the 1964 Peace dollar! cloud9.gif

1463435-1892BarberHalfDollar.jpg.62e6eb521a06b92682a87a3ff65d1d43.jpg

1976bic0011obv660xwm1.jpg

197650cobvrevpan800xtl6.jpg

1976bic0021rev600ct1.jpg

1976bic25cobvrevpan700ru1.jpg

197625cobvrevpantoned70ld0.jpg

I’m proud to own this set. Each of these pristine Bicentennials was acquired separately. I still have the set of MS 67s that these replaced. smile.gif

Excluding the bottom one which was purchased as a novelty. wink.gif

sig.jpg

Well, maybe I did cheat just a little bit on this one just to get things a-moving. tongue.gif

1480492-3.jpg

Hey, I hear tell that's the big EZ variety... excessively rare, and VERY valuable.

The rules state that if someone does not post for 24 hours we can post the next in line and 5 max at a time.

To get this going ... The Lincs are from my set taken from circulation. The Rosie came in a "grab bag" ebay thing -

got more than moneys worth in the lot one of those spur of the moment things-

and I recently purchased proof sets from the year of the birth of my son.

1982-PLinc.jpg

1983-SRosie.jpg

1984-PLinc.jpg

1985-PLinc.jpg

1986-sPrestige.jpg

May not be of value to anyone else, but I like them and that is what counts.

I am now looking for a proof for year of birth for myself and my wife.

Still working on my technique for coin pictures, and it shows how much further I have to go.

I edited this to make the type fit better in line with my pictures so no one had to scroll.