• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Through the Years in Coins 1900-2006

232 posts in this topic

Is it me or is there something a little funky about Liberty's head in that 1928 photo?

Could just be the lighting I guess....

MM smile.gif

It does look a little squished...

Is it me or is there something a little funky about Liberty's head in that 1928 photo?

Could just be the lighting I guess....

MM smile.gif

It looks like she is wearing a rally cap.

Chris

Dang it, Tom! That is beautiful!! hail.gif

But you have three members in your household that are even prettier than that!! thumbsup2.gif

Hint, you're not one of 'em. tongue.gif

Ok, who has the guts to pull out their 1933 Saint Gaudens $ 20 gold and post a photo of it....

confused-smiley-013.gif

MM yay.gif

Honey.....Who is that out there in a black car knocking on our door? 893whatthe.gif

My father was born in 1936 in New York. I bought him the LI commem two years ago. Back then, I spent $45 for an MS-64 coin that was very bright with no toning. I think we did well on that!

Scott hi.gif

I purposefully left 1934 and 1938 open for you, Bruce, since I thought you would come through with some WQs. Now, could someone please post a 1939? I have a nice 1940 I would like to post, but don't want to go out of order or lose the spot. smile.gif