• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could NSC improve the appearance of this Franklin?

2 posts in this topic

I posted this in the wrong forum the first time, so here it is in the correct one. I did not mean to double post.

I have a 1952 NGC MS 66 that I bought in 1990. It was toned then and hasn't changed in appearance since I acquired it. The trouble is is that the toning, in my opinion, is bordering ugly. Is there a chace that NCS could do magic to the coin and improve its eye appeal?

Thank You

Bob

1421005-1952UNCobvconv.jpg.817bf47d1ae9257e618046e8f7d272bc.jpg

It is likely that NCS could help your coin. Without actually seeing the coin I would not be able to determine exactly what might be done or how the conservation would turn out. Coins with very dark toning often are best to be lightened as the color has become so deep into the surface of the coin complete removal of it will leave a coin unnatural and unnatractice. Given the relative younger age of your coin it is more likely to be a white coin after conservation.

Chris, NCS