• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklin Half

17 posts in this topic

I have a 1952 NGC MS 66 that I bought in 1990. It was toned then and hasn't changed in appearance since I acquired it. The trouble is is that the toning, in my opinion, is bordering ugly. Is there a chace that NCS could do magic to the coin and improve its eye appeal?

Thank You

Bob

1420991-1952UNCobvconv.jpg.f81c56b065839976e27ae5a1af0799e2.jpg

1420991-1952UNCobvconv.jpg

Usually thier Conservation process does not effect the tone of a coin

Perhaps you should post this in the proper area for thier answer

ASK NCS

Although the toning may not be especially attractive, I do not find it ugly.

Rather than having the coin dipped, perhaps you could sell it to someone who likes the coin's originality, and buy a white Franklin with the proceeds?

Well maybe I was a bit harsh when I called it borderline ugly, but I've never seen toning like that before. It's not like I am in a hurry to ger rid of it.....I've only had it 16 years. I was mostly just curious as to what the concensus was.

Bob

Pretty standard toning for a '52 Frankie. I agree with the idea of selling it and buying a white Frankie if that is what you want from a Frankie. You might be able to trade for one with a dealer with a few bucks thrown in. In the long run that might save you a few dollars on shipping the coin, paying NCS, potentially paying NGC and then paying for it to be shipped back to you.

I don't believe it's an endroll coin, it is from a US Mint Set. I also do not find the toning attractive, but this type of toning is fairly deep and would not be a good candidate for dipping. The best course of action would be to leave the coin alone.

Thanks for all the input. I think I'll leave it just as it is and keep it for another 16 years. I seem to have a hard time getting rid of any of the coins that I collect. Just the pack rat in me I guess.

I don't believe it's an endroll coin, it is from a US Mint Set. I also do not find the toning attractive, but this type of toning is fairly deep and would not be a good candidate for dipping. The best course of action would be to leave the coin alone.

I own a Original Roll of 55's Tom and that is what both Ends look like ...

Keep it as is - Nice original tone on a nice original coin

( I will see if I can Picture the roll some time )

If jgrinz owns endrollers like this then I guess this look matches them, too. I may be wrong, but at least I learned something! smile.gif

I will get you a picture tonight ... it is kind a neat. Its the next things that are getting sold sold I can Prioritize my collecting as I am sure you have read smile.gif - NOT looking forward to selling of MY Complete ROLL set of Silver eagles either ... That is gonna hurt a bit ... But thats a story for another time frown.gif

Here you go TomB ... I Dont think as bad as this gents but you can see its getting there. This was an estate sale picked up about 15 years ago.

Original tube rolls had screw on tops .. kinda unique in of itself.

1422182-1955.jpg

It will be for sale and am taking offers via PM

Mike

1422182-1955.jpg.672c400c81de519f5e8d8917b596faf1.jpg

hehehe ... I am not a toned kinda guy ... Check out my Morgans and you will see that

PLus yers is a few years older smile.gif

sig.jpg