• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANYONE SEE WHAT THAT PENNY ENDED AT ????

20 posts in this topic

Was anyone folling the bids on this coin - Small Cent 2003P PCGS 70 RD

Its over and pending now so if it didnt meet reserve then we will not know where the pricing was ....

...Still $13,450 more than it should be worth...

Ummm, isn't there a 15% buyers premium added on to that?... another $2,025.

Maybe, I don't buy on TT. I know better. smile.gif

the guy offered it to some board members at pcgs whom are registry set lincoln memorial top registrants at 55k with no takers right before consigning it to teletrash

i wonder what his and his handlers buy back would be on this coin one year from now 27_laughing.gif

and did not even have it back from pcgs yet

greedy swine

Gee - How many of these do you think will surface in the next few years? And what will that do to the price?

Now, show me a 1923-S in 65RD and I'll show you some strong bidding! Not too many of these will "pop up" in the next few years.

Buyer beware on these post '82 high grade Lincs!

Mike

the guy offered it to some board members at pcgs whom are registry set lincoln memorial top registrants at 55k with no takers right before consigning it to teletrash

i wonder what his and his handlers buy back would be on this coin one year from now 27_laughing.gif

greedy swine

This was owned by a private party who doesn't collect cents. The coin was found in dealer stock and essentially purchased for a penny.

So keep the bashing going while those who collect or trade these things can cherry pick them and keep all the profit.

greedy swine

This was owned by a private party who doesn't collect cents. The coin was found in dealer stock and essentially purchased for a penny.

So keep the bashing going while those who collect or trade these things can cherry pick them and keep all the profit.

Wow cladking I don't think anyone was bashing it.In fact I think most of the board was a bit surprised to find that it went so Low.In truth I am Very happy for both parties and hope they are as well.

If I had the cash I would have tried for it. thumbsup2.gif

It is an outstanding profit. The reason I believe the price to be too high, even though it sold for less than I had anticipated, is because it is not only a pop-top for the date and series (excluding satin finish), but is also a pop-top for all circulation strike coinage as well as being made with an outer layer of copper. Therefore, with the greater fragility of copper surfaces and the possibility of a future tweak in PCGS grading paradigm, I believe that the owner is taking a calculated risk.