• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20th Anniversary EAGLE EXTRAVAGANZA - Look See HEHE

18 posts in this topic

Couple of things. Low mintage (10,000); First ever reverse proof on a US coin. Those, and given the fact that these sold out at the mint in about 24 hours meant instant cha-ching.

Thanks for the info! thumbsup2.gif

Since I haven't received Coin World or Numismatic News since January, I've been somewhat out of touch with numismatic happenings. The first I heard of this set was by an NGC post two days before the event. I recognized it as an opportunity buy, polled the boardsters and got an overwhelming go ahead for the set. So, I purchased one of the sets and am seeing an immediate $2K profit since I will sell it.

Thanks for the news, boardsters! cloud9.gif

I am Miles and am new to your forum.

I have purchased a few of the 2006 Anniversary Gold Sets and have a question for you all.

In your experience, is it better to hold these sets for a period (how long typically?) or place them in auction now to catch the craze?

What do you believe the potential upside may be in comparison to earlier (1995) sets?

Thanks for your input!

Miles

I made 250% on the 10th Anniversary Issue Holding for 4 years

These should do better as they have a smaller production number than the

10th

mY 2c

Registry set competitors are gonna go bonkerz for these in a few years when they can't find any , especially the reverse cameo....folks that got'm from the mint will have theirs , but future collectors that win the future lotteries are gonna need somebody to buy from , after the next recession ends anyway....reminds me of the 1995 silver eagle with the mint mark that came with the gold set...what's that one up to now ? I think that particular silver eagle alone is over 5 thousand today.

news.gif

Ebay MADE ALL SELLERS REMOVE THIER 25H ANNIVERSARY EAGLE LISTINGS FOR THE PRE SELL ON THE SETS USING THE OVER 30 DAYS AVAILABILITY TO COMPLETE SALE RULE NONE ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON EBAY AS A PRE SELL ITEM !!!

news.gif

Finally some sanity in the Bay world . Of course , now the sets will sell for even higher cloud money when they drop the flag and let them sell .