• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate the numisma-quest.

47 posts in this topic

It's not timing. I've won after the question was up for a long time and others had answered incorrectly.

I've see the question right when it popped up and not known the answer.

This time the question had been viewd by several people before me. I took a guess at the answer.

It's luck.

And if it will make you feel better, I'll send you the prize (Census).

Thank you Greg for your generous offer. I have the latest Census. However, if you want be to be really happy, how about sending me that W/C commem you bought at Long Beach. That would make me quite happy. 893applaud-thumb.gif

TRUTH

That Washington-Carver commem? shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

Honestly, I don't want to make you that happy. I like the coin too much. It's now sitting in an NGC MS65* slab. I have no idea why it didn't get the * designation the first time thru. Oh well, the dealers loss and my gain. laugh.gif

This time the question had been viewd by several people before me. I took a guess at the answer.

I was the first view, but I was out of town, and didn't have any quick references handy to start counting the coins in question and the ISP I was using was acting up, so I didn't attempt it.

Oh, so you're even too good to even bother with the trivia questions because you know the prizes will be beneath you!

Be gone white devil!!

So, I suppose you are just too good to win free books or submissions or slab boxes or census reports.

Snob!

If all you care about is the slab, you don't need those other tools.

I'm gone then.

You entice me over here, I get comfortable and start posting more and then every post I make is turned inside out to try to make me look bad. Even if you are joking, others may not know and I have seen it by their replies in the water cooler forum.

Cameron Kiefer

You entice me over here, I get comfortable and start posting more and then every post I make is turned inside out to try to make me look bad.

Yeah, but we do that to you across the street also. That's half the fun of these forums.

I've stopped playing in the Numisma-Quest game. Maybe now you'll be able to win more prizes!

Nahh. I've actually not answered some questions since I didn't want to win too much. This time I figured several people saw the question before me and I just guessed. I'm surprised I won.

Maybe the water cooler, but not the open forum.

Send apology sample slab.

I will deliver the sample slab in person this weekend. I will drive 4 hours just to do that.

Will you be there to accept it or will you blow me off and leave your house so I can't give it to you in person?

The forum wants to know!

I am fleeing this weekend to Colorado for three weeks (The first week I am writing the catalog for the YN Baltimore auction) and the last two weeks I will be there for the Summer seminar.

You could leave it under the floor mat at the door.

Cameron Kiefer

Oh sure, you're "leaving", how convenient.

Hey, if I knock on the door can all 5 of us get a tour of your place? stooges.gif

No. i won't be home. My family won't know who you are and I wouldn't let you close to my sample slabs - you would probably steal some and sell them on ebay (me bidding on them in Colorado not knowing mine are missing).

Cameron Kiefer

I've played a few times and even got the answer right once or twice. More often than not I forget about it until Monday. frown.gif

Has anyone else noticed a trend taking place in the runner up selection. Supposedly the runner up is a random draw from the remaining correct answeres. The last four weeks the runner up has been the second person to answer correctly. How random is that?

What are the odds...

I still have NO idea what the hell you people are talking about. 27_laughing.gif

Come on, Numisa-Quest is the trivia question that NGC posts on Friday. They give out two prizes every week.