• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on 9/11 coins

4 posts in this topic

Over on the comic side there is a post where they are trying to think up a way to donate money or comics to a charity. Someone mentioned the idea of having the members donating the comics and having CGC donating the slabs to sell. I told them about what happened over at PCGS after 9/11 where a few members got PCGS to slab some NY state quarters with a special insert and they sold them on EBAY for the 9/11 Fund.

Can any of you give more details or refer me to who was involved in that so I can have them give some input on this? Thank you. CHRIS

Chris:

I wrote a story about this that was published in the March or April issue of Numismatist. I am having an email problem right now, but if you want, on the PCGS board pm me your email address (becuase I am unsure how to receive pm's on this board) and I'll see if I can scan a copy of the article and eventually send it to you.

As far as the main people involved in the 9-11 quarters, it was Wondercoin (Mitch) and RegistryCoin (Steve) with a bunch of added help from CosmicDebris and others.

Mark